HONG KONG, Jan. 17, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- City Telecom (H.K.) Limited (HKSE:1137) (Nasdaq:CTEL) is pleased to announce our participation in the following Credit Suisse conferences:
|7-9 March 2011, Global Media & Communications Convergence Conference, Miami, Florida, US||Presentation at 9.30am, Monday, 7 March 2011 plus one-on-one meetings with Ricky Wong, Chairman and NiQ Lai, CFO and Head of Talent Engagement|
|21-25 March 2011, Asia Investment Conference, Hong Kong||One-on-one meetings with NiQ Lai, CFO and Head of Talent Engagement|
- Hong Kong's mature household 85% broadband penetration hides the fact that Fibre-To-The-Home penetration is only 35% ... we are actually in a high growth Fibre Renaissance era similar to the mobile transition from 2G to 3G.
- How CTEL captured 93% of the net market growth in broadband subscriptions during FY2010 … and how it will harvest this critical mass towards guidance of 24% year-on-year growth in EBITDA to HK$580 million for FY2011.
- How CTEL makes money from selling 1Gbps for US$26/month … at this price point, consumers are asking "Why not 1Gbps?" rather than "Why do I need 1Gbps?"
- Free TV over Fibre … CTEL's next growth driver?
- Why CTEL embraces over the top content … whereas traditional carriers are afraid of this inevitable industry wave.
About City Telecom/Hong Kong Broadband Network LimitedEstablished in 1992, City Telecom (H.K.) Limited (HKSE:1137) (Nasdaq:CTEL) provides integrated telecommunications services in Hong Kong via its own self-built fibre network. City Telecom's wholly-owned subsidiary, Hong Kong Broadband Network Limited (HKBN), is the fastest growing broadband service provider in Hong Kong. HKBN offers a diversified portfolio of innovative products that service over 1,027,000 subscriptions for broadband, local telephony and IP-TV. The Company has built a solid market position with top-of-the-line applications and practices enabling it substantial growth. The company takes great pride in developing its over 3,000 Talent force into a competitive advantage. Additional information on City Telecom can be found at www.ctigroup.com.hk
CONTACT: City Telecom Contact Ms. Jessie Cheng, Corporate Communications Tel: +852 3145 4118 Fax: +852 2199 8372 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ms. Peggy Chan, Investor Engagement Tel: +852 3145 6068 Fax: +852 2199 8655 Email: email@example.com