NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- "The American manufacturing renaissance has arrived," Jim Cramer told a live audience of his "Mad Money" TV show Wednesday, as he kicked off his "Invest In America" series by traveling to Dearborn, Mich. to the Ford ( F) F-150 truck plant. Cramer said the bears and naysayers have been wrong about a lot of things recently. They were wrong about Portugal earlier this week and they've been wrong on the bank stocks, he said, and they're wrong on the outlook for American manufacturing. Cramer said gone are the days where America doesn't make anything, or at least nothing worth while. America, he said, is once again dominating in areas it had previously lost. Case in point, Ford. Cramer said Ford's stock is up 1,385% from its bottom, and the Ford F-150 pickup truck, now the best selling truck in the world, is proof positive that America matters. But Ford is not America's only success story, said Cramer. Stocks like John Deere ( DE), Caterpillar ( CAT) and even Apple ( AAPL), all stocks which Cramer owns for his charitable trust,
Ford's VisionCramer spoke with Ford president and CEO Alan Mullaly about his company's remarkable turnaround to profitability. Cramer called Ford the Apple of the auto industry, saying that in the face of bankruptcy, Ford cleaned up its balance sheet, simplified production, slashed costs and shed its extra brands all to focus on modern technology and making the best products available. Mullaly said that Ford pulled together around the vision of making the best cars and making them affordable to all. He said the key was focusing on the core Ford brand and profitably growing the company year after year. Ford wants all of its constituents to share in the company's success, said Mullaly, including its suppliers, investors, employees and shareholders. Ford even testified on the behalf of Chrysler and General Motors ( GM), noted Mullaly, to help convince the government to help rebuild the U.S. auto industry. Turning to Ford's outlook, Mullaly said Ford is being helped by numerous factors, including a recovering U.S. auto market, but also a favorable political climate and pent-up demand for new cars. Cramer put a $36 price target on Ford's stock, saying the company could achieve that level in the next two years. Cramer visited Mullaly's office and was visited by William Ford Jr., Ford's executive chairman. Mullaly show Cramer a 1925 Ford newspaper ad that sits behind his desk and outlines Henry Ford's original vision of making cars affordable for all. He said with its recent turnaround, Ford is once again competing with the best in the world. Mullaly also spoke more about Ford's focus on all of its stakeholders, saying that for the first time, everyone, from the company's employees to its dealers and suppliers are all sharing in the company's success. He said Ford is now a global enterprise where all of the company's business units are on the same page. Mullaly also shared what Ford's customers expect from their vehicles, including quality, fuel efficiency, safety, smart design and affordability. He said with Ford's new global platform, where 80% of the parts are standardized and the remaining 20% are tailored for individual markets, Ford is able to profitably deliver on all those points.