- Complementary connectivity product portfolios to target more expansive set of computing, consumer, industrial and automotive applications,
- Serves key customers with more complete product solutions,
- Creates a stronger analog/mixed-signal R&D team with over 900 engineers globally,
- Combined company has the scale and resources to enhance SMSC’s financial model with a combined trailing twelve month revenue of approximately $632 million,
- Anticipated annualized pre-tax cost synergies of $8 to $10 million by the end of SMSC’s fourth quarter of fiscal 2012,
- Acquisition expected to be accretive to non-GAAP gross margins, non-GAAP operating margins and non-GAAP earnings per share immediately upon closing.
SMSC (NASDAQ: SMSC), a leading semiconductor company providing Smart Mixed-Signal Connectivity™ solutions, and Conexant Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CNXT), a leading supplier of innovative semiconductor solutions for imaging, audio, embedded modem, and video surveillance applications, today announced the signing of a definitive agreement under which SMSC will purchase all of the outstanding shares of Conexant in a stock and cash transaction valued at approximately $284 million including the assumption of Conexant’s net debt. The transaction has been approved by the boards of directors of both companies. Combined Company Highlights: