National Beverage Corp. (NASDAQ: FIZZ) today released six month and second quarter financial results. “We have much to be pleased about...the announcement of the cash distribution on Monday, December 6 and the financial performance of the first six months of fiscal year 2011. Our Company creates for its shareholders the right ‘Ingredients’,” stated Nick A. Caporella, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “The right ‘mix’ of soft drink flavor brands, stalwart financial performance that includes investor capital appreciation and cash distribution...ALL - with the extra excitement of - Great Taste!” he continued. For the second quarter:
- Revenues grew slightly to $151 million; and
- Net income increased 23% to $10.2 million or $.22 per share.
- Revenues increased to $316 million;
- Net income increased $4.1 million to $22.3 million or $.48 per share;
- EBITDA* for the trailing 12 months – October 30, 2010 – increased $13.4 million to $69.7 million.
National Beverage is highly innovative as a pace-setter in the changing soft-drink industry, featuring refreshment products that are geared toward the lifestyle/health-conscious consumer. Shasta® – Faygo® – Everfresh® and LaCroix® are aligned with Rip It® energy products to make National Beverage...America’s Flavor•Favorite – soft-drink company.Fun, Flavor and Vitality . . . the National Beverage Way
|National Beverage Corp.|
|Consolidated Results for the Three and Six Months Ended|
|October 30, 2010 and October 31, 2009|
|(in thousands, except per share amounts)|
|Three Months Ended||Six Months Ended|
|October 30,||October 31,||October 30,||October 31,|
|Net Income Per Share|
|Average Common Shares Outstanding|
* EBITDA = Earnings before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization