SC’10 - Mellanox® Technologies, Ltd. (NASDAQ:MLNX) (TASE:MLNX), a leading supplier of end-to-end connectivity solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today announced that the company is the leading interconnect provider for the TOP500 list of supercomputers, connecting 213 systems. As reported in the 36 th edition of the TOP500 list, InfiniBand-connected systems grew 18 percent year-over-year, representing more than 43 percent of the TOP500, or 215 systems, with more than 98 percent of all InfiniBand clusters leveraging Mellanox InfiniBand solutions. Mellanox ConnectX® InfiniBand adapters and switch systems based on its InfiniScale® IV switch silicon provide the scalable, low-latency, and power-efficient interconnect for the world’s fastest supercomputers, representing 57 percent of the PetaScale systems and 40 percent of the Top10. InfiniBand connects the majority of the Top100 with 61 percent, the Top200 with 58 percent, and the Top300 with 51 percent. Mellanox end-to-end 40Gb/s InfiniBand solutions deliver the leading performance and utilization for the most power efficient systems on the list. Mellanox InfiniBand enables the highest system efficiency and utilization, up to 96 percent, and provides users with the best return on investment for their high-performance computing server and storage infrastructure computing requirements. The total number of InfiniBand-connected CPU cores on the TOP500 list has grown 65 percent, from 1.4 million in Nov. 2009 to 2.3 million in Nov. 2010. This growth highlights the increasing demand for InfiniBand as a way to maximize computing resources, productivity and performance in the world’s fastest computer systems. “In less than a decade, InfiniBand has become a mainstay in the TOP500 list of the world’s most powerful supercomputers,” said Eyal Waldman, president, chairman and CEO of Mellanox Technologies. “We are pleased with the continued growth in the number of supercomputers that count on Mellanox’s high-performance interconnects to provide them with industry-leading performance, efficiency, scalability and reliability.”
Published twice a year and publicly available at www.Top500.org, the TOP500 list ranks the world’s most powerful computer systems according to the Linpack benchmark rating system.Highlights of InfiniBand usage on the Nov. 2010 TOP500 list include:
- InfiniBand grew to 215 systems, 43 percent of the list, up 18 percent from Nov. 2009. Ethernet (Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet) connected systems declined by 13 percent in the same period of time.
- Mellanox InfiniBand provides the highest system utilization on the TOP500, up to 96 percent system utilization, and connects the Top5 most efficient systems.
- InfiniBand is the most used interconnect in the Top100, Top200 and Top300: 61 percent of the Top100, 58 percent of the Top200, 51 percent of the Top300.
- InfiniBand connects the majority of the Petaflop systems on the list (four out of seven), four of the world’s most powerful supercomputers in the Top10.
- InfiniBand connects 7.5 times the number of Cray-based systems in the Top500 systems and 3x the number of Cray-based systems in the Top100 systems.
- 24 new Top100 InfiniBand systems were introduced during 2010 while no Ethernet connected system reached the Top100. Ranked #126, Mellanox 10GigE adapters provide the highest ranking amongst the seven 10Gb/s Ethernet systems on the list.
- Clusters continue to be the dominant system architecture with 83 percent of the TOP500 list.
- Mellanox end-to-end 40Gb/s scalable HPC solution accelerates NVIDIA GPU-based systems with the new NVIDIA GPUDirect technology that enables faster GPU communications.
- Mellanox InfiniBand interconnect products present in the TOP500 are used by a diverse list of applications, from large-scale, high-performance computing to commercial technical computing and enterprise data centers.