NEW YORK, Nov. 8, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kohlberg Capital Corporation (Nasdaq:KCAP) (the "Company") announced its third quarter 2010 financial results. Financial Highlights
- Net investment income for the three months ended September 30, 2010 was approximately $3.8 million, or $0.17 per share. For the nine months ended September 30, 2010, net investment income was approximately $6.7 million, or $0.30 per share.
- The Company declared dividends of $0.17 per share for each of the first, second and third quarters of 2010.
- Net realized losses were approximately $3.0 million and $10.7 million for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2010, respectively.
- Net unrealized losses on investments were approximately $4.1 million and $3.4 million for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2010, respectively.
- Settlement of litigation filed by the Company regarding its credit facility resulting in a maturity date of February 28, 2011 at an interest rate based on prevailing commercial paper rates plus 0.85% (approximately 1.2% at September 30, 2010) and a $2 million settlement payment to the Company upon full repayment of outstanding balance.
- At September 30, 2010, the fair value of the Company's investments totaled approximately $323.5 million.
- Net asset value per share of $8.84 as of September 30, 2010 as compared to $9.56 as of December 31, 2009.