NEW YORK, Nov. 2, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- New York Mortgage Trust, Inc. (Nasdaq:NYMT) ("NYMT" or the "Company") today reported results for the three and nine months ended September 30, 2010. Summary of Third Quarter 2010:
- Third quarter 2010 earnings per common share of $0.17 as compared to $0.31 per common share for the third quarter of 2009.
- Third quarter 2010 net income of $1.6 million as compared to net income of $2.9 million for the third quarter of 2009.
- Paid a third quarter dividend of $0.18 per common share on October 25, 2010.
- Book value per common share increased to $7.16 as of September 30, 2010, or $6.98 after giving effect to the dividend noted above, as compared to $6.69 per common share as of December 31, 2009 and $6.90 per common share as of June 30, 2010.
- Third quarter 2010 portfolio margin was 363 basis points, a decrease of 7 basis points from the second quarter of 2010 and a decrease of 50 basis points from the third quarter of 2009.
- Invested $10 million in a limited partnership that acquired a pool of residential mortgage loans.