5. The Federal Mortgage Program -- Almost as Successful as the Titanic!
Homeowners drowning under the weight of high mortgage rates and a plunging economy are finding that their rescuer has arrived in a leaky boat without a life ring -- or even a pair of arm floaties. And the lifeline the government did manage to throw out was, apparently, too knotted and twisted for homeowners to untangle.
4. Smartphones ... Dumb Pricing
3. Government Skims the Surface on the BP Oil Spill
2. Gross Margins: Taxpayers Hold the Bag; Fat Cats Boost Bottom Lines
1. For-Profit Schools: Profiting at Our Expense
In light of all this dumbness, we now ask you:Which is this week's dumbest of the dumb stories? Take the poll below to see what TheStreet has to say.