By Pittsburgh Business Times
- Crystalplex Corp.: Awarded $130,000 with a company match of $65,000 to develop its quantum dot light-emitting diode prototypes. The company is based in Pittsburgh.
- Illuminex Corp.: Awarded $130,000 with a match of $130,000 to commercialize copper-silicon nano-structured anodes for lithium-ion batteries. The company is based in Lancaster, Pa.
- ICx Technologies: Awarded $30,000 with a match of $31,648 to develop a biofuel designed to serve as a replacement for petroleum-based fuels. The company has 30 people at its Pittsburgh operations.
- Pennsylvania State University: Awarded $30,000 with a match of $30,000 to support Dr. Panghai Wand, a PSU professor, as he develops a nanocomposite for energy storage applications.
- Industrial Learning Systems: Awarded $130,000 with a match of $130,000 to develop a silicon wafering technology for the production of nano structured solar cells. The company is based in Pittsburgh.