- Net Asset Value is $3.28 per share for the quarter ending June 30, 2010
- One new investment and one follow-on investment totaling $1,300,000
- Following end of the quarter, one portfolio exit – Innov-X Systems, Inc. generated $5.6 million
- Rand made an $800,000 investment in Mid America Brick (Mexico, MO) ( www.midamericabrick ). Mid America Brick manufactures face brick for residential and commercial construction. They will be the largest producer of bricks in the region.
- Also during the quarter, Rand made a $500,000 follow-on investment in Microcision LLC (Philadelphia, PA) ( www.microcision.com ). Microcision is a manufacturer of custom medical implants which includes dental implants sold through its wholly owned subsidiary Aeton Medical ( www.aetonmed.com ) including precision machined components, implants and assemblies. Aeton has developed a proprietary line of dental ST abutments, flathead drills, healing caps and other unique products for the dental implant market.
ABOUT RAND CAPITALRand Capital is a publicly held Business Development Company (BDC), and its wholly owned subsidiary is licensed by the Small Business Administration (SBA) as a Small Business Investment Company (SBIC). Rand and its subsidiary provide capital and managerial expertise to small and medium sized private companies primarily located in the Northeast U.S. Rand is traded on the NASDAQ under the symbol "RAND". Rand is headquartered in Buffalo, NY. www.randcapital.com
CONTACT: Rand Capital Corporation Investor Contact: Allen F. Grum, President 716.853.0802 email@example.com