Keep Your WordIt's really quite simple: To ensure customer trust and loyalty, keep your doors open and stay true to your company's promises. With more competition and less buyers, quality of experience is key, so continue providing customers quality products and top-notch customer service. Look for innovative ways to offer increased value on things with little cost. For example, include low book-valued items from inventory at no charge or offer discounts on future purchases. Create value-added transactions and involve the entire company in working together to bundle products and services. Customers get more for less, and your business generates increased revenue and profit.
- Inform customers when products ship. UPS and amazon are prime examples.
- Provide advance notice of delays.
- Send updates along the way.
- Respond quickly to requests.
- Meet commitments.
- Limit surprises.
- Clearly communicate return and refund information.
- Follow up to ensure satisfaction.
- Send a heartfelt thank you.