AmeriGas Propane Inc., general partner of AmeriGas Partners, L.P. (NYSE:APU), today reminded propane users anticipating fuel deliveries to clear snow from driveways and paths and the areas around their tanks.

AmeriGas CEO Eugene V.N. Bissell said, “Record snowfalls throughout the East Coast this week have presented challenges to every propane company in the region. At AmeriGas, our crews are 100% operational and our drivers are working overtime to meet the extraordinary demands of unprecedented weather.

Particularly during snowy times, it is important for customers to remember that delivery representatives must be able to access driveways as well as propane tanks. When clearing their driveway, each homeowner needs to prepare for the width (about 9 feet) of the propane truck that will access the area and then clear the path to their tank so delivery personnel will have safe access. Underground tanks are particularly hard to find in snowy conditions. We’re asking customers who have one to take the extra care needed to clear the area around the tank cap.

Throughout the region, propane delivery representatives from AmeriGas and many other companies are working hard to keep us warm. Please do whatever you can to make their jobs safer and their deliveries more efficient. Customers who are well-prepared for deliveries can be serviced more quickly and more safely, allowing drivers to move on to others who need their help.

We value our customers and appreciate their patience. While the weather is slowing down propane deliveries in the region, AmeriGas remains committed to providing the finest possible customer service.”

AmeriGas Partners is the nation’s largest retail propane marketer, serving approximately 1.3 million customers in all 50 states from approximately 1,200 locations. UGI Corporation (NYSE:UGI), through subsidiaries, owns 44% of the Partnership and public unitholders own the remaining 56%.

Comprehensive information about AmeriGas is available on the Internet at http://www.amerigas.com.

Copyright Business Wire 2010