AmeriGas Propane Inc., general partner of AmeriGas Partners, L.P. (NYSE:APU), today announced the appointment of Andrew J. Peyton to the position of vice president, sales & marketing, effective March 1, 2010. Peyton, who will report to president & CEO Eugene V.N. Bissell, succeeds Carey Monaghan, who retired on January 31. Peyton, 41, joined AmeriGas in 2006 as general manager, Southern Region and subsequently added responsibility for the Partnership’s Northeast Region. Prior to joining AmeriGas, he spent more than ten years with Ryerson, Inc., a $5 billion distributor of steel and aluminum, where he held a variety of line and staff positions of increasing responsibility. Bissell said, “Andy comes to his new role with a strong track record, a comprehensive understanding of our customers and their needs and a deeply held commitment to growing AmeriGas. I am delighted he has agreed to serve in this position.” Peyton holds a BS in marketing from Pennsylvania State University. Following service as a logistics officer in the United States Marine Corps, he earned an MBA from the University of Chicago. AmeriGas Partners is the nation’s largest retail propane marketer, serving approximately 1.3 million customers in all 50 states from approximately 1,200 locations. UGI Corporation (NYSE:UGI), through subsidiaries, owns 44% of the Partnership and the public owns the remaining 56%. Comprehensive information about AmeriGas is available on the Internet at http://www.amerigas.com.
More from Press Releases
NFL Pushes for Regulation Following Supreme Court's Sports Gambling Ruling
The Supreme Court rules that previous congressional action forbidding states from legalizing sports betting was unconstitutional.
Walmart CEO: 'We Are Transforming Globally' With Flipkart
On its investor call on Wednesday morning, Walmart discusses the Flipkart deal.
March 24 Full-Day Course Offering: Professional Approach to Trading SPX
OptionsProfits, the CBOE, and Option Pit are hosting a class on March 24 that covers a wide variety of methods to trade the S&P 500.