- Smart Meter: A communications gateway between the smart grid and the home.
- Home Energy Manager: The central nervous system for the home will help optimize energy consumption. This will communicate directly with the utility smart grid.
- Energy Storage: Battery storage for back-up power and peak loads.
- Solar: Photovoltaic arrays.
- Wind: Small wind turbine.
- Hot Water: Heat-pump water heater.
- Appliances: GE Diamond Response appliances operating in cooperation with smart grid via the Smart Meter and the Home Energy Manager.
- Lighting: High efficiency, CFL, LED and OLED lighting.
- Geothermal Heat Pumps: Heat exchange with the earth and ground water reduces HVAC and water heating energy requirements.