Updated from 7:28 a.m. EDTIt's too bad we had to wait this long for the BlackBerry Bold. It's a winner. I was privileged to have Research In Motion's ( RIMM) President and Co-Chief Executive Mike Lazaridis visit TheStreet.com months ago to show me an early version of this terrific new phone. And then -- nothing. RIM and its minions went into stealth mode. The Bold was on its way, but no one was sure when we'd actually see it. The phone was then released in Canada and other locations around the world, but not in the U.S.
- Measures 4.5 by 2.6 by 0.55 inches and weighs a solid 4.8 ounces.
- Operates on UMTS: 2100/1900/850 MHz, GSM®: 1900/1800/900/850 MHz, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS and HSDPA networks.
- 1GB on-board memory and 128MB of flash memory
- MicroSD card slot (up to 16 GB cards accepted)
- 1500 mAhr removable/rechargeable cryptographic lithium battery (up to 4 hours talk time; more than a week of stand-by)
- 802.11a/b/g Wi-Fi
- Built-in GPS -- plus support for photo geotagging
- 2 MP still/video camera with 5X digital zoom
- Stereo speakers as well as stereo headphone jack (supports stereo Bluetooth, too!)
- Full QWERTY keyboard with trackball navigation
- miniUSB port
- DataViz Documents To Go (view/edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files)