David Swensen has gained great fame in the last few years as the head of the Yale Endowment Fund (you can click here for more about the fund's performance).As the exchange-traded vehicle industry has evolved over the last few years, it has become easier to emulate the fund. Here's how it's possible to use things like ETFs and mutual funds to create your own endowment.
|Click here for larger image.|
- Permanent Portfolio (PRPFX)
- JP Morgan Multi Cap Market Neutral Fund (OGNIX); don't let the 48-cent dividend in December throw you.
- iShares Lehman TIPS Bond Fund (TIP)
- Vanguard Inflation Protected Securities Fund (VIPSX)
- StateStreet SPDR DB International Inflation Protected Bond ETF (WIP); this one is very new.