- The Inter-America Development Bank reportedly pledged $4.5 billion for projects in Brazil;
- Two Canadian public pension funds have pledged $1 billion to Asia;
- Sovereign wealth funds in the Middle East and Asia have $3 trillion to put to work;
- Vulture investor Wilbur Ross is planning to put $1 billion to work in the bond insurance biz;
- Carl Icahn put another $1 billion into car parts maker Federal Mogul;
- And the California state pension fund said it is putting $7 billion to work in commodities.
Know What You Own: Natural gas is a segment of the energy sector. If you want broad exposure to this sector, an exchange-traded fund (ETF) to consider is the iShares S&P Global Energy Sector Index Fund ( IXC). This ETF was recently trading at $132.06. The current top five stock holdings in the S&P Global Energy ETF are Exxon Mobil ( XOM), BP ( BP), Chevron ( CVX), Total SA ( TOT) and Royal Dutch Shell ( RDS.A). These stocks were recently trading at $84.42, $64.72, $86.30, $74.80 and $69.16 respectively. For more on the value of knowing what you own, visit TheStreet.com's Investing A-to-Z section, and to stay up to date on the energy sector, don't miss TheStreet.com's Energy/Commodities section.