On Stockpickr Answers Wednesday and yesterday, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community. Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers; the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section. Here are a few of the questions to which Cramer recently responded:
- Do you still consider Google (GOOG) and Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) cheap after they ran yesterday? What about Amazon (AMZN) and Research In Motion (RIMM)?
- I got caught in Schlumberger (SLB) January 110 calls. My trading plan was to stay long based on good earnings, a low U.S. dollar, the most recent drawdown and geopolitics keeping oil elevated. Any strategy advice?
- I bought a little AIG (AIG) on Friday since I think the company should have a robust quarter -- no hurricanes, sky-high premiums, and the stock fell with the market. It could be a defensive play to this volatility. Do you agree?
- I'm looking into housing stocks -- Toll Brothers (TOL) and KB Home (KBH) in particular. Toll is more the higher-end homes, which I believe gives better support as their buyers have greater assets. On the other hand, KB Home has a strong balance sheet (not that Toll's is weak). I am considering splitting my full position between the two. What are your thoughts?
- OceanFreight (OCNF):
Is it a buy before the earnings report?
- When can we expect your new book?