On Stockpickr Answers Tuesday and yesterday, Jim Cramer responded to a new batch of questions posed by members of the Stockpickr community. Anybody can ask, respond or comment at Stockpickr Answers; the top responders get ranked in our "Top Analysts" section. Here are a few of the questions to which Cramer recently responded:
- Nokia (NOK) is set to go higher, could this be a $40-$80 stock?
- I bought some Citigroup (C) last week thinking that Chuck Prince would get fired. I think the financials might get a bounce when/if the Fed cuts at the end of the month. Would you sell?
- On Monday's Stop Trading! segment you indicated there were no financials you would want to own.
Does that include Goldman Sachs (GS)?
- You once you gave us a game plan for if Iran went awry. This is the plan I have in my notes:
Do you think "Iran Awry" is a probability? If so, what game plan would you take in light of the subprime-mortgage mess?
- I watched your video on trading options in this market, and used the tactics in a trade and made some mad money. Here's how it went ... Though I am still bullish on Google (GOOG) specifically, I am bearish on the market short term.
Should I hold those long calls through expiration, or take the profit while it's there?
- Mutual Fund Investing vs. Stock-Picking: If I am managing $40 million, hypothetically, as a financial advisor how would picking my own stocks benefit me? The mutual fund argument is: Why would I sacrifice hours upon hours of stock-picking, when I can have a manager do it for me.
What is the most sound argument for stock-picking?
- On either a recent "Mad Money" show or a video for TheStreet.com TV, you made reference to a South Philly steak shop, but I didn't catch it.
Could it have been Pat's, Geno's or Jim's (Center City)?