NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Next to raising money, the part I like least about starting a business is hiring people. I just hate the whole interview process because I hated being interviewed myself. The reason I detested this rite of passage to gain employment was the stupid questions interviewers would ask me.Anyone reading this column can probably sympathize. These four questions annoy me the most:
- Why should we hire you?
- What is your greatest strength?
- Where do you need improvement?
- Who is your role model?
- "You should hire me because I have the biggest beer can collection."
- "My greatest strength is that I am so calm it's hard to tell if I am awake or comatose."
- "The area I need improvement on is being able to keep a job. All of my past bosses have been losers, so maybe I need to know how to manipulate them better."
- "I admire Norm from Cheers. Somehow he makes enough of a living that he can sit on a bar stool all day."