- Project and Program Management There's hardly a job out there these days that doesn't require some form of project management. So why not get certified? The
Project Management Instituteoffers the PMP certificate, and as you read this, a higher level Program Management Professional (PgMP) credential is being added to its offerings.
- APICS/CPIM Offered by the Association for Operations Management, CPIM stands for "certified in production and inventory management." CPIM certification helps those working in factory operations, logistics and related activities. Check
onlinefor information on Webinars, national conferences and self-study programs.
- Certificate in Electronic Business This certification, offered online by
National University, builds standardized e-business expertise by requiring five courses on topics such as Internet marketing and electronic payment systems.
- Marketing Certificate
University of California Berkeley Extensionoffers a certificate program in marketing that "equips you with a solid understanding of marketing's most up-to-date concepts and techniques." It's also available online.
- Nonprofit Management Maybe you're in the nonprofit sector, or would like to be there some day. Many business schools across the country offer extension programs in nonprofit management. For instance,
Duke Universityoffers the Duke Nonprofit Management Certificate.
- Certificate in Civic and Community Leadership focuses on collaborative leadership, conflict resolution and community power systems -- just the thing if you're considering public office. It's offered by the
University of Wisconsin.
- Garden Design, available from the
University of California Berkeley Extension.
- Meeting and Event Planning is one of the fastest-growing professions and a good base for an independent career. It's available from
Harper Collegein Palatine, Ill., and many others.