You can now report capital gains distributions from your mutual funds on Form 1040A, which falls somewhere between the 1040EZ and the regular 1040 in terms of complexity.

As long as all your gains are taxed at the normal 10% and 20% capital gains rate, you can use Form 1040A. If you have unusual rates, then you have to use Form 1040.