Universal Insurance Holdings Inc. (UVE)

28.46
0.10 0.35
NYSE : Finance
Prev Close 28.36
Open 28.23
Day Low/High 27.80 / 28.54
52 Wk Low/High 23.57 / 48.46
Volume 137.09K
Avg Volume 269.20K
Exchange NYSE
Shares Outstanding 34.16M
Market Cap 965.36M
EPS 3.40
P/E Ratio 9.21
Div & Yield 0.64 (2.25%)
Universal Insurance Holdings Named Top Dividend Stock With Insider Buying and 1.98% Yield (UVE)

Universal Insurance Holdings Named Top Dividend Stock With Insider Buying and 1.98% Yield (UVE)

In this series, we look through the most recent Dividend Channel ''DividendRank'' report, and then we cherry pick only those companies that have experienced insider buying within the past six months. The officers and directors of a company tend to have a unique insider's view of the business, and presumably the only reason an insider would choose to take their hard-earned cash and use it to buy stock in the open market, is that they expect to make money — maybe they find the stock very undervalued, or maybe they see exciting progress within the company, or maybe both.

Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE) Passes Through 2% Yield Mark

Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE) Passes Through 2% Yield Mark

Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, in trading on Tuesday, shares of Universal Insurance Holdings Inc were yielding above the 2% mark based on its quarterly dividend (annualized to $0.48), with the stock changing hands as low as $23.86 on the day. Dividends are particularly important for investors to consider, because historically speaking dividends have provided a considerable share of the stock market's total return.

Insider Trading Alert - CTXS, UVE And RJET Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - CTXS, UVE And RJET Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include CTXS, UVE and RJET

Insider Trading Alert - CNCE, UVE And EBSB Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - CNCE, UVE And EBSB Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include CNCE, UVE and EBSB

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, WETF And VOYA Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, WETF And VOYA Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include UVE, WETF and VOYA

Pick Up This Bargain Even Cheaper Than Director Palmieri Did

Pick Up This Bargain Even Cheaper Than Director Palmieri Did

There's an old saying on Wall Street about insider buying: there are many possible reasons to sell a stock, but only one reason to buy. Back on May 13, Universal Insurance Holdings Inc's Director, Ralph J.

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, MODN And JCOM Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, MODN And JCOM Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include UVE, MODN and JCOM

Market Doesn't Buy April Sales Data

Stocks can't recover from early pullback.

Insider Trading Alert - RPXC, CVBF And UVE Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - RPXC, CVBF And UVE Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include RPXC, CVBF and UVE

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, SCOR And SLGN Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, SCOR And SLGN Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include UVE, SCOR and SLGN

Insider Trading Alert - RHT, CNBKA And UVE Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - RHT, CNBKA And UVE Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include RHT, CNBKA and UVE

Today's Weak On High Volume Stock: Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE)

Today's Weak On High Volume Stock: Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE)

Trade-Ideas LLC identified Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE) as a weak on high relative volume candidate

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, GBX And ADI Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, GBX And ADI Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include UVE, GBX and ADI

YieldBoost Universal Insurance Holdings To 23.9% Using Options

YieldBoost Universal Insurance Holdings To 23.9% Using Options

Shareholders of Universal Insurance Holdings Inc looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1% annualized dividend yield can sell the August covered call at the $25 strike and collect the premium based on the $2.30 bid, which annualizes to an additional 22.9% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 23.9% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $25 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but UVE shares would have to advance 0.4% from current levels for that to happen, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 9.6% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.

Insider Trading Alert - OAKS, UVE And KNL Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - OAKS, UVE And KNL Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include OAKS, UVE and KNL

Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE) Reaches New Lifetime High Today

Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE) Reaches New Lifetime High Today

Trade-Ideas LLC identified Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE) as a new lifetime high candidate

Insider Trading Alert - VVC, UVE And MDT Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - VVC, UVE And MDT Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include VVC, UVE and MDT

Insider Trading Alert - HPTX, DLPH And UVE Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - HPTX, DLPH And UVE Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include HPTX, DLPH and UVE

Today Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE) Hits New Lifetime High

Today Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE) Hits New Lifetime High

Trade-Ideas LLC identified Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE) as a new lifetime high candidate

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, WETF And ENPH Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, WETF And ENPH Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include UVE, WETF and ENPH

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, MJN And EA Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, MJN And EA Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include UVE, MJN and EA

See How Universal Insurance Holdings Ranks Among Analysts' Top Picks With Strong Buyback Activity

See How Universal Insurance Holdings Ranks Among Analysts' Top Picks With Strong Buyback Activity

A study of analyst recommendations at the major brokerages shows that Universal Insurance Holdings Inc is the #70 broker analyst pick among those stocks screened by The Online Investor for strong stock buyback activity. To make that list, a stock must have repurchased at least 5% of its outstanding shares over the trailing twelve month period.

New Lifetime High Reached By Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE)

New Lifetime High Reached By Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE)

Trade-Ideas LLC identified Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE) as a new lifetime high candidate

New Lifetime High Reached: Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE)

New Lifetime High Reached: Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE)

Trade-Ideas LLC identified Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE) as a new lifetime high candidate

Insider Trading Alert - ONNN, UVE And WGP Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - ONNN, UVE And WGP Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include ONNN, UVE and WGP

Strategy To YieldBoost UVE To 7.7% Using Options

Strategy To YieldBoost UVE To 7.7% Using Options

Shareholders of Universal Insurance Holdings Inc looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1% annualized dividend yield can sell the August 2015 covered call at the $25 strike and collect the premium based on the 90 cents bid, which annualizes to an additional 6.7% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 7.7% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $25 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but UVE shares would have to advance 21.2% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 25.6% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, SFXE And SPH Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, SFXE And SPH Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include UVE, SFXE and SPH

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, SN And LTS Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, SN And LTS Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include UVE, SN and LTS

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, SPG And PANW Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - UVE, SPG And PANW Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include UVE, SPG and PANW

Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE) Passes Through 2% Yield Mark

Universal Insurance Holdings (UVE) Passes Through 2% Yield Mark

Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, in trading on Wednesday, shares of Universal Insurance Holdings Inc were yielding above the 2% mark based on its quarterly dividend (annualized to $0.40), with the stock changing hands as low as $19.81 on the day. Dividends are particularly important for investors to consider, because historically speaking dividends have provided a considerable share of the stock market's total return.

TheStreet Quant Rating: C+ (Hold)