|Day Low/High||37.73 / 38.01|
|52 Wk Low/High||27.26 / 40.82|
Chocolate companies are forced to raise prices as cocoa prices are climbing. However, inelastic demand for their products could mean higher revenue.
Coffee bean and cocoa bean prices are on the rise, which could be of concern to companies like Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Hershey and Tootsie Roll.
Beef, pork and cocoa are rising, and coffee prices are starting to wake up.
Legendary investor Warren Buffett advises to be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful. One way we can try to measure the level of fear in a given stock is through a technical analysis indicator called the Relative Strength Index, or RSI, which measures momentum on a scale of zero to 100.
The recent move in corn prices has prompted me to check in on coffee, cocoa and sugar as well.
Shareholders of Tootsie Roll Industries Inc looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1% annualized dividend yield can sell the January 2014 covered call at the $35 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.20 bid, which annualizes to an additional 8.9% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 9.9% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $35 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but TR shares would have to climb 5.8% from current levels for that to happen, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 9.4% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.
Dole and Tootsie Roll CEOs both have nine decades and eyes on the future
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me a dozen times, shame on me.
There's some sweet action behind Halloween candy, and these are some of the biggest players.
These dividend stocks compete with Berkshire Hathaway's subsidiaries.
When you look at the company's performance, you can see why it doesn't get much coverage.
The ex-dividend date for Tootsie Roll Industries Incorporated (NYSE:TR) is tomorrow, March 2, 2012. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 8 cents per share. At a price of $23.37 as of 10 a.m., the dividend yield is 1.4%.
These stocks, which go ex-dividend Friday, receive buy ratings from TheStreet Ratings.
A dividend is a sign of health, and small-caps that paid one did well in 2011.
The ex-dividend date for Tootsie Roll Industries Incorporated (NYSE:TR) is tomorrow, December 15, 2011. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 8 cents per share. At a price of $23.41 as of 9:30 a.m., the dividend yield is 1.3%.
Hanesbrands should continue sharply benefiting, and the shares are currently at a nice price point.
Halloween has a big effect on the bottom in New York, New Orleans and Salem, Mass.
The ex-dividend date for Tootsie Roll Industries Incorporated (NYSE:TR) is tomorrow, September 29, 2011. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 8 cents per share. At a price of $24.82 as of 9:30 a.m., the dividend yield is 1.3%.
Halloween candy is out, the first winter holiday sales happened. What more evidence do consumers need?
May natural gas futures were falling for the third straight day, as traders braced for a hurricane report Wednesday.
Easter sales aren't as widespread as those of the winter holidays, but they're the sugar high shoppers need to snap out of their cold spell.
Shares of Hershey are moving higher Thursday after an upgrade from Wells Fargo.
Sign up to get started or log in to see your watchlist.
Enter a symbol above to add it to your watchlist.
A confirmation email has been sent to the address provided during registration. Please click on the appropriate link to confirm your email address.