|Day Low/High||35.10 / 35.19|
|52 Wk Low/High||29.82 / 40.25|
Former United States Securities and Exchange Commission attorney Willie Briscoe and the securities litigation firm of Powers Taylor LLP are investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of Safeway,...
The owner of Albertsons is offering Safeway a $40 a share takeover, in a major consolidation of the supermarket industry.
U.S. stock futures point higher; Cerberus works to complete acquisition of Safeway, says a report; Staples to close 225 stores; Costco earnings fall 15%.
Costco misses on both the top and bottom line and Staples says it will close more than 200 stores in order to cut costs.
Kroger bought a company that also works with its rivals, and that will bring in profit from competitors.
By Alex Gavrish, Etalon Investment Research; author of "Wall Street Back To Basics" By following activist hedge funds and having a sound decision making framework in place investors can identify a...
These stocks have both short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential.
Safeway was rising on big volume on Thursday. Here's how to trade it today.
Safeway could be the latest player to join the wave of consolidating grocery chains after confirming it is considering possible transactions, and sources said they believe it could draw interest from rival Kroger in addition to various private equity firms.
U.S. stocks gain as manufacturing data improves. Facebook reverses morning losses to post a nice pop at the close.
Tesla shares were charged up to hit all-time highs after the company's earnings beat estimates, while Facebook announced it will deal out up to $19 billion for messaging starting up WhatsApp.
Shares of Safeway (SWY) are rising Thursday on word that the grocery store operator is looking into a possible sale.
Stock futures are pointing lower Thursday as investors digest jobless claims figures, a disappointing outlook from Wal-Mart and signs of a slowdown in Chinese manufacturing.
U.S. stock futures point lower; Facebook to buy WhatsApp; Tesla's adjusted earnings top forecasts; Wal-Mart's outlook disappoints. .
The major cigarette manufacturers are entering the booming e-cig industry. Will the hundreds of small e-cig companies survive? The second in a two-part series.
Grocery-chain Safeway said on Wednesday that it is in talks regarding a possible sale of the company. The California-based chain also said it would look at divesting large minority investments.
The supermarket industry is notorious for having virtually no profit margins. Just think for a second from an executive's standpoint. All of that work selecting the assortment, store layout, and weekly promotions, and ensuring fresh goods are delivered on time and consistently stocked, and operating margins clock in around 3%. Talk about no love!
U.S. equity markets are mixed, as Panera Bread moves higher and Potbelly sinks after reporting earnings. Plus, TheStreet's Jim Cramer says he's taking a bite into a fast-food company.
Also previewed: Curtis-Wright, Earthlink, Flowserve, HealthSouth, Jack in the Box and Safeway earnings.
Stock futures point lower Wednesday after a poor result for housing starts in January, while key offshore markets fall.
This morning, shares of Panera Bread are looking lower, after the company topped EPS and revenue estimates -- but failed to live up to Wall Street's guidance expectations.
Winter weather could hit Whole Foods Market in the gut when the organic grocery chain reports first-quarter earnings on Wednesday.
The nation;s number four mobile carrier is now offering customers a branded debit card and new smartphone banking app.
Whole Foods Market (WFM), Roundy's Inc (RNDY), Sprouts Farmers Markets (SFM) and Safeway (SWY) saw losses on Monday as investors turn away from supermarket stocks.
By Alex Gavrish, Etalon Investment Research; author of "Wall Street Back To Basics" Jana Partners’ stake Jana Partners, a well-known activist hedge fund managed by Barry Rosenstein, disclos...
Starbucks rings up $4 billion in worldwide gift cards sales this year.
Shareholders of Safeway Inc. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 2.4% annualized dividend yield can sell the June 2014 covered call at the $34 strike and collect the premium based on the $2.30 bid, which annualizes to an additional 14.2% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 16.6% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.
Sign up to get started or log in to see your watchlist.
Enter a symbol above to add it to your watchlist.
A confirmation email has been sent to the address provided during registration. Please click on the appropriate link to confirm your email address.