Schnitzer Steel Industries Inc. (SCHN)

22.32
0.10 0.45
NASDAQ : Non-Energy Minerals
Prev Close 22.22
Open 22.52
Day Low/High 21.94 / 22.56
52 Wk Low/High 20.94 / 37.95
Volume 303.62K
Avg Volume 210.40K
Exchange NASDAQ
Shares Outstanding 26.58M
Market Cap 607.01M
EPS 5.70
P/E Ratio 5.11
Div & Yield 0.75 (3.21%)
SCHN Makes Bullish Cross Above Critical Moving Average

SCHN Makes Bullish Cross Above Critical Moving Average

In trading on Wednesday, shares of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. crossed above their 200 day moving average of $27.43, changing hands as high as $27.47 per share.

Schnitzer Steel Industries About To Put More Money In Your Pocket (SCHN)

Schnitzer Steel Industries About To Put More Money In Your Pocket (SCHN)

Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 2/18/14, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.1875, payable on 2/28/14.

Short Interest Expands By 13.6% For SCHN

Short Interest Expands By 13.6% For SCHN

The most recent short interest data has been released by the NASDAQ for the 01/31/2014 settlement date, which shows a 372,615 share increase in total short interest for Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. , to 3,110,015, an increase of 13.61% since 01/15/2014.

This Stock Has A 2.97% Yield And Sells For Less Than Book

This Stock Has A 2.97% Yield And Sells For Less Than Book

Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. has been named as a Top 5 dividend paying metals and mining stock, according to Dividend Channel, which published its weekly ''DividendRank'' report.

Schnitzer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend

Schnitzer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend

The Board of Directors of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: SCHN) declared a cash dividend of $0.

Schnitzer Steel Industries (SCHN) Passes Through 3% Yield Mark

Schnitzer Steel Industries (SCHN) Passes Through 3% Yield Mark

Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, in trading on Wednesday, shares of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. were yielding above the 3% mark based on its quarterly dividend (annualized to $0.75), with the stock changing hands as low as $24.75 on the day.

Schnitzer Steel Industries is Oversold

Schnitzer Steel Industries is Oversold

The DividendRank formula at Dividend Channel ranks a coverage universe of thousands of dividend stocks, according to a proprietary formula designed to identify those stocks that combine two important characteristics — strong fundamentals and a valuation that looks inexpensive. Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.

How To YieldBoost Schnitzer Steel Industries To 12.4% Using Options

How To YieldBoost Schnitzer Steel Industries To 12.4% Using Options

Shareholders of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 2.7% annualized dividend yield can sell the August covered call at the $30 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.45 bid, which annualizes to an additional 9.7% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 12.4% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

SCHN Makes Notable Cross Below Critical Moving Average

SCHN Makes Notable Cross Below Critical Moving Average

In trading on Monday, shares of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. crossed below their 200 day moving average of $27.31, changing hands as low as $27.27 per share.

Schnitzer Steel Industries (SCHN) Shares Cross Below Book Value

Schnitzer Steel Industries (SCHN) Shares Cross Below Book Value

In trading on Wednesday, shares of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. crossed below their last reported book value — defined as common shareholder equity per share — of $29.23, changing hands as low as $28.85 per share.

Schnitzer Reports First Quarter 2014 Financial Results

Schnitzer Reports First Quarter 2014 Financial Results

Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCHN) today reported an adjusted loss per share of $(0.

Schnitzer Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2014 Earnings Date And Conference Call January 8, 2014 – 11:30 A.m. Eastern

Schnitzer Announces First Quarter Fiscal 2014 Earnings Date And Conference Call January 8, 2014 – 11:30 A.m. Eastern

Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: SCHN) will report its first quarter fiscal 2014 financial results on Wednesday, January 8, 2014 and will webcast a conference call to discuss the performance at 11:30 a.

Short Interest In Schnitzer Steel Industries Declines 10%

Short Interest In Schnitzer Steel Industries Declines 10%

The most recent short interest data has been released by the NASDAQ for the 11/29/2013 settlement date, which shows a 299,853 share decrease in total short interest for Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. , to 2,659,125, a decrease of 10.13% since 11/15/2013.

Schnitzer To Present At Banc Of America Merrill Lynch 2013 US Basic Materials Conference December 11, 2013 – 10:15 A.m. Eastern

Schnitzer To Present At Banc Of America Merrill Lynch 2013 US Basic Materials Conference December 11, 2013 – 10:15 A.m. Eastern

Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: SCHN) President and Chief Executive Officer, Tamara L.

Insider Trading Alert - SCHN, DDR, IT, IBKR And V Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - SCHN, DDR, IT, IBKR And V Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include SCHN, DDR, IT, IBKR and V

5 With Upcoming Ex-Dividend Dates: KHI, BSL, SCHN, DST, BG

5 With Upcoming Ex-Dividend Dates: KHI, BSL, SCHN, DST, BG

KHI BSL SCHN DST BG are going ex-dividend tomorrow, Nov. 14, 2013

Schnitzer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend

Schnitzer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend

The Board of Directors of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:SCHN) declared a cash dividend of $0.

Schnitzer Reports Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2013 Financial Results

Schnitzer Reports Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2013 Financial Results

Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:SCHN) today reported an adjusted loss per share of $(0.

Strategy To YieldBoost Schnitzer Steel Industries To 10.2% Using Options

Strategy To YieldBoost Schnitzer Steel Industries To 10.2% Using Options

Shareholders of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 2.5% annualized dividend yield can sell the May 2014 covered call at the $33 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.30 bid, which annualizes to an additional 7.7% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 10.2% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

Schnitzer Announces Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2013 Earnings Date And Conference Call

Schnitzer Announces Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2013 Earnings Date And Conference Call

Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: SCHN) will report its fourth quarter fiscal 2013 financial results on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 and will webcast a conference call to discuss the performance at 11:30 a.

Schnitzer Steel Industries Breaks Below 200-Day Moving Average - Notable For SCHN

Schnitzer Steel Industries Breaks Below 200-Day Moving Average - Notable For SCHN

In trading on Wednesday, shares of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. crossed below their 200 day moving average of $26.93, changing hands as low as $26.86 per share.

Schnitzer Steel Industries Announces Change To Media Contact

Schnitzer Steel Industries Announces Change To Media Contact

Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:SCHN) announced today that Tom Zelenka, Vice President of Environmental and Public Affairs, has assumed responsibility for media relations and communications.

Schnitzer Provides Outlook For Fourth Quarter Of Fiscal 2013

Schnitzer Provides Outlook For Fourth Quarter Of Fiscal 2013

Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: SCHN) announced its outlook for its fourth quarter of fiscal 2013 ending August 31, 2013.

Schnitzer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend

Schnitzer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend

The Board of Directors of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:SCHN) declared a cash dividend of $0.

Schnitzer Reports Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results

Schnitzer Reports Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results

Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: SCHN) today reported adjusted earnings per share of $0.

5 Earnings Stocks the Bears Hate -- but You Should Love

5 Earnings Stocks the Bears Hate -- but You Should Love

These heavily shorted stocks could get squeezed much higher if they report positive earnings this week.

Schnitzer Named “Scrap Company Of The Year” At The American Metal Market’s 2013 Awards For Steel Excellence

Schnitzer Named “Scrap Company Of The Year” At The American Metal Market’s 2013 Awards For Steel Excellence

Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:SCHN) was named “Scrap Company of the Year” at the American Metal Market’s (AMM) 2013 Awards for Steel Excellence fourth annual industry awards ceremony in New York...

Schnitzer Announces Third Quarter Fiscal 2013 Earnings Date And Conference Call

Schnitzer Announces Third Quarter Fiscal 2013 Earnings Date And Conference Call

Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: SCHN) will report its third quarter fiscal 2013 financial results on Thursday, June 27, 2013 and will webcast a conference call to discuss the performance at 10:00 a.

3 Undervalued Stocks Near Ex-Dividend Dates

3 Undervalued Stocks Near Ex-Dividend Dates

For investors interested in dividend income, keeping track of a company's ex-dividend date is a good idea. An ex-dividend date, [...]

'Evil Dead' Stocks are Stalking the Market

Contrarian approach can reap some buys even in the boneyard.

TheStreet Quant Rating: B (Buy)