Sonic Automotive Inc (SAH)

19.00
0.35 1.90
NYSE : Services
Prev Close 18.65
Open 18.65
Day Low/High 18.50 / 18.90
52 Wk Low/High 15.95 / 27.45
Volume 61.33K
Avg Volume 273.10K
Exchange NYSE
Shares Outstanding 43.86M
Market Cap 807.05M
EPS 2.00
P/E Ratio 10.51
Div & Yield 0.20 (1.10%)

Latest News

SAH: Insiders vs. Shorts

The most recent short interest data was recently released for the 05/31/2017 settlement date, and Sonic Automotive, Inc. is one of the most shorted stocks of the Russell 3000, based on 12.27 "days to cover" versus the median component at 5.01.

Ratings Changes Today

TheStreet Quant Ratings provides fair and objective information to help you make educated investing decisions. We rate over 4,200 stocks daily and provide 5-page PDF reports for each stock. These ratings can change daily and today's changes are reflected in the email below. If you are looking to check-up on the stocks you currently own or are looking for new ideas, you can find our full database of password-protected ratings reports in our proprietary ratings screener: http://www.thestreet.com/k/qr/flat/stock-screener.html Upgrades: BP, ECA, EXK, IFMI, KTOS, PBFX, SIM, SPWH, URG, WPZ Downgrades: CHSP, CZNC, DGII, FARM, MAGS, MYRG, POST, SAH, SPA, WILN Initiations: RRR Read on to get TheStreet Quant Ratings' detailed report:

Strategy To YieldBoost SAH To 10.2% Using Options

Shareholders of Sonic Automotive, Inc. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1% annualized dividend yield can sell the November covered call at the $22.50 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.00 bid, which annualizes to an additional 9.1% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 10.2% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

Bullish Two Hundred Day Moving Average Cross - SAH

In trading on Wednesday, shares of Sonic Automotive, Inc. crossed above their 200 day moving average of $20.01, changing hands as high as $20.30 per share.

Relative Strength Alert For Sonic Automotive

The DividendRank formula at Dividend Channel ranks a coverage universe of thousands of dividend stocks, according to a proprietary formula designed to identify those stocks that combine two important characteristics — strong fundamentals and a valuation that looks inexpensive. Sonic Automotive, Inc.

Sonic Automotive Named Top Dividend Stock With Insider Buying and 1.03% Yield (SAH)

In this series, we look through the most recent Dividend Channel ''DividendRank'' report, and then we cherry pick only those companies that have experienced insider buying within the past six months. The officers and directors of a company tend to have a unique insider's view of the business, and presumably the only reason an insider would choose to take their hard-earned cash and use it to buy stock in the open market, is that they expect to make money — maybe they find the stock very undervalued, or maybe they see exciting progress within the company, or maybe both.

SAH: Insiders vs. Shorts

The most recent short interest data was recently released for the 02/28/2017 settlement date, and Sonic Automotive, Inc. is one of the most shorted stocks of the Russell 3000, based on 7.46 "days to cover" versus the median component at 4.50.

Top Buys by Directors: Taylor's $102.6K Bet on SAH

The directors of a company tend to have a unique inside view into the business, so when directors make major buys, investors are wise to take notice. Presumably the only reason a director of a company would choose to take their hard-earned cash and use it to buy stock in the open market, is that they expect to make money — maybe they find the stock very undervalued, or maybe they see exciting progress within the company, or maybe both.

Short Interest Declines 15.4% For SAH

The most recent short interest data has been released for the 02/28/2017 settlement date, which shows a 567,874 share decrease in total short interest for Sonic Automotive, Inc. , to 3,110,114, a decrease of 15.44% since 01/31/2017.

Sonic Automotive About To Put More Money In Your Pocket (SAH)

Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 3/13/17, Sonic Automotive, Inc. will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.05, payable on 4/14/17.

SAH Crosses Above Average Analyst Target

In recent trading, shares of Sonic Automotive, Inc. have crossed above the average analyst 12-month target price of $24.75, changing hands for $25.95/share.

YieldBoost SAH To 15.3% Using Options

Shareholders of Sonic Automotive, Inc. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 0.9% annualized dividend yield can sell the May covered call at the $25 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.10 bid, which annualizes to an additional 14.4% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 15.3% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

SAH Crosses Above Average Analyst Target

SAH Crosses Above Average Analyst Target

In recent trading, shares of Sonic Automotive, Inc. have crossed above the average analyst 12-month target price of $21.00, changing hands for $21.30/share.

Ratings Changes Today

TheStreet Quant Ratings provides fair and objective information to help you make educated investing decisions. We rate over 4,300 stocks daily and provide 5-page PDF reports for each stock. These ratings can change daily and today's changes are reflected in the email below. If you are looking to check-up on the stocks you currently own or are looking for new ideas, you can find our full database of password-protected ratings reports in our proprietary ratings screener: http://www.thestreet.com/k/qr/flat/stock-screener.html Upgrades: AXE, CECE, EMN, FC, NNI, PDCO, SAH, SAMG, WERN Downgrades: ATW, CERN, IPXL, NVO, OMCL, PHII, PHIIK, PLKI, SVT Initiations: None Read on to get TheStreet Quant Ratings' detailed report:

How To YieldBoost Sonic Automotive From 1.1% To 11.9% Using Options

How To YieldBoost Sonic Automotive From 1.1% To 11.9% Using Options

Shareholders of Sonic Automotive, Inc. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.1% annualized dividend yield can sell the May 2017 covered call at the $20 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.15 bid, which annualizes to an additional 10.9% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 11.9% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

Sonic Auto Should Close Year on High Note

Sonic Auto Should Close Year on High Note

The car dealer has an attractive risk/reward profile.

Can CarMax Rise Above an Earnings Miss?

Can CarMax Rise Above an Earnings Miss?

CarMax reported disappointing earnings, and investors are wondering if there is upside to this stock.

Reminder - Sonic Automotive (SAH) Goes Ex-Dividend Soon

Reminder - Sonic Automotive (SAH) Goes Ex-Dividend Soon

Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 9/13/16, Sonic Automotive, Inc. will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.05, payable on 10/14/16.

5 Stocks With Big Insider Buying

5 Stocks With Big Insider Buying

Insiders at these companies have been scooping up shares of their own stock lately.

Strategy To YieldBoost Sonic Automotive To 14.9% Using Options

Strategy To YieldBoost Sonic Automotive To 14.9% Using Options

Shareholders of Sonic Automotive, Inc. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.1% annualized dividend yield can sell the November covered call at the $20 strike and collect the premium based on the 90 cents bid, which annualizes to an additional 13.8% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 14.9% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

Here's When to Sell These 5 Toxic Stocks

Here's When to Sell These 5 Toxic Stocks

Here's a technical look at five big stocks that could be toxic to own.

Ex-Div Reminder for Sonic Automotive (SAH)

Ex-Div Reminder for Sonic Automotive (SAH)

Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 6/13/16, Sonic Automotive, Inc. will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.05, payable on 7/15/16.

Strong On High Volume: Sonic Automotive (SAH)

Strong On High Volume: Sonic Automotive (SAH)

Trade-Ideas LLC identified Sonic Automotive (SAH) as a strong on high relative volume candidate

Interesting SAH Call Options For November 18th

Interesting SAH Call Options For November 18th

Investors in Sonic Automotive, Inc. saw new options become available today, for the November 18th expiration.

TheStreet Quant Rating: C+ (Hold)