|Day Low/High||12.98 / 13.28|
|52 Wk Low/High||10.68 / 15.15|
Shareholders of RPX Corp looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.5% annualized dividend yield can sell the February 2018 covered call at the $15 strike and collect the premium based on the 25 cents bid, which annualizes to an additional 10.9% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 12.4% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $15 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but RPXC shares would have to climb 12.9% from current levels for that to happen, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 14.8% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.
The most recent short interest data has been released for the 10/31/2017 settlement date, which shows a 579,549 share decrease in total short interest for RPX Corp , to 705,569, a decrease of 45.10% since 10/13/2017. Total short interest is just one way to look at short data; another metric that we here at Dividend Channel find particularly useful is the "days to cover" metric because it considers both the total shares short and the average daily volume of shares traded.
The most recent short interest data has been released for the 08/31/2017 settlement date, which shows a 635,764 share increase in total short interest for RPX Corp , to 1,483,079, an increase of 75.03% since 08/15/2017. Total short interest is just one way to look at short data; another metric that we here at Dividend Channel find particularly useful is the "days to cover" metric because it considers both the total shares short and the average daily volume of shares traded.
A study of analyst recommendations at the major brokerages shows that RPX Corp is the #52 broker analyst pick among those stocks screened by The Online Investor for strong stock buyback activity. To make that list, a stock must have repurchased at least 5% of its outstanding shares over the trailing twelve month period.
Company Also Announces Executive Promotions and New Hires
SaaS Platform Provides Comprehensive Patent Litigation Intelligence
TheStreet Quant Ratings provides fair and objective information to help you make educated investing decisions. We rate over 4,200 stocks daily and provide 5-page PDF reports for each stock. These ratings can change daily and today's changes are reflected in the email below. If you are looking to check-up on the stocks you currently own or are looking for new ideas, you can find our full database of password-protected ratings reports in our proprietary ratings screener: http://www.thestreet.com/k/qr/flat/stock-screener.html Upgrades: ANH, DVN, EXEL, FMC, FSI, GLT, MEOH, MJCO, MOH, NVO, RPXC, TECH, WU, WWE Downgrades: CIGI, IPHI, QUOT Initiations: None Read on to get TheStreet Quant Ratings' detailed report:
Investors in RPX Corp saw new options begin trading this week, for the November 17th expiration. One of the key data points that goes into the price an option buyer is willing to pay, is the time value, so with 225 days until expiration the newly trading contracts represent a possible opportunity for sellers of puts or calls to achieve a higher premium than would be available for the contracts with a closer expiration.
AT&T's streaming platform won't be a skinny bundle, but it will be marketed to young people, especially in urban areas where its DirecTV satellite service has found little traction.
In recent trading, shares of RPX Corp have crossed above the average analyst 12-month target price of $10.67, changing hands for $10.72/share. When a stock reaches the target an analyst has set, the analyst logically has two ways to react: downgrade on valuation, or, re-adjust their target price to a higher level.
In trading on Wednesday, shares of RPX Corp crossed above their 200 day moving average of $11.09, changing hands as high as $11.45 per share. RPX Corp shares are currently trading up about 12.3% on the day.
The online video-streaming platform files for a $34.5 million initial public offering.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified RPX (RPXC) as a strong on high relative volume candidate
Investors considering a purchase of RPX Corp stock, but cautious about paying the going market price of $9.03/share, might benefit from considering selling puts among the alternative strategies at their disposal. One interesting put contract in particular, is the November put at the $7.50 strike, which has a bid at the time of this writing of 35 cents.
The wider market may be volatile, but David Bechtel of the Barrow Long/Short Opportunity Fund has four stock picks that could beat the odds.
Sign up to get started or log in to see your watchlist.
Enter a symbol above to add it to your watchlist.