|Day Low/High||18.90 / 19.70|
|52 Wk Low/High||15.34 / 27.70|
TheStreet Quant Ratings provides fair and objective information to help you make educated investing decisions. We rate over 4,200 stocks daily and provide 5-page PDF reports for each stock. These ratings can change daily and today's changes are reflected in the email below. If you are looking to check-up on the stocks you currently own or are looking for new ideas, you can find our full database of password-protected ratings reports in our proprietary ratings screener: http://www.thestreet.com/k/qr/flat/stock-screener.html Upgrades: ABDC, BCBP, CERN, DVA, EDGW, GRUB, INS, LRN, MET, NC, NEWS, OAK Downgrades: ANIP, BBSI, CVG, FRAN, FTD, MHLD, PHX Initiations: NVTR, SNDX Read on to get TheStreet Quant Ratings' detailed report:
While it's tempting for consumers to spend their tax refund, investing their tax dollars in an IRA or stocks now can generate a substantial amount of savings.
Legendary investor Warren Buffett advises to be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful. One way we can try to measure the level of fear in a given stock is through a technical analysis indicator called the Relative Strength Index, or RSI, which measures momentum on a scale of zero to 100.
Shareholders of Panhandle Oil & Gas Inc looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 0.8% annualized dividend yield can sell the August covered call at the $22.50 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.15 bid, which annualizes to an additional 11.2% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 12% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $22.50 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but PHX shares would have to climb 10.3% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 15.9% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.
The most recent short interest data was recently released for the 01/31/2017 settlement date, and Panhandle Oil & Gas Inc is one of the most shorted stocks of the Russell 3000, based on 7.55 "days to cover" versus the median component at 5.13. There are a number of ways to look at short data, but one metric that we find particularly useful is the "days to cover" because it considers both the total shares short and the average daily volume of shares typically traded.
Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 2/16/17, Panhandle Oil & Gas Inc will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.04, payable on 3/8/17. As a percentage of PHX's recent stock price of $20.60, this dividend works out to approximately 0.19%.
Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 11/21/16, Panhandle Oil & Gas Inc will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.04, payable on 12/7/16. As a percentage of PHX's recent stock price of $22.05, this dividend works out to approximately 0.18%.
Investors eyeing a purchase of Panhandle Oil & Gas Inc stock, but cautious about paying the going market price of $17.87/share, might benefit from considering selling puts among the alternative strategies at their disposal. One interesting put contract in particular, is the February 2017 put at the $15 strike, which has a bid at the time of this writing of 80 cents.
Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 8/17/16, Panhandle Oil & Gas Inc will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.04, payable on 9/2/16. As a percentage of PHX's recent stock price of $18.81, this dividend works out to approximately 0.21%.
Company Presentation at Investor Conference