|Day Low/High||26.65 / 27.54|
|52 Wk Low/High||20.26 / 29.95|
New Alliance Will Provide Avery Weigh-Tronix Customers with Affordable, Easy Access to Financing
Marlin to record a one-time, estimated net tax benefit of approximately $10 million
Legendary investor Warren Buffett advises to be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful. One way we can try to measure the level of fear in a given stock is through a technical analysis indicator called the Relative Strength Index, or RSI, which measures momentum on a scale of zero to 100.
Shareholders of Marlin Business Services Corp looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 2.5% annualized dividend yield can sell the June 2018 covered call at the $25 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.00 bid, which annualizes to an additional 7.6% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 10.1% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $25 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but MRLN shares would have to climb 9.7% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 14% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.
The DividendRank formula at Dividend Channel ranks a coverage universe of thousands of dividend stocks, according to a proprietary formula designed to identify those stocks that combine two important characteristics — strong fundamentals and a valuation that looks inexpensive. Marlin Business Services Corp presently has an above average rank, in the top 50% of the coverage universe, which suggests it is among the top most "interesting" ideas that merit further research by investors.
Mark Scardigli Promoted to Senior Vice President & Chief Sales Officer
Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 8/3/17, Marlin Business Services Corp will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.14, payable on 8/17/17. As a percentage of MRLN's recent stock price of $26.00, this dividend works out to approximately 0.54%, so look for shares of Marlin Business Services Corp to trade 0.54% lower — all else being equal — when MRLN shares open for trading on 8/3/17.
New Alliance Will Provide Aptean Customers with Affordable, Easy Access to Financing
Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 2/2/17, Marlin Business Services Corp will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.14, payable on 2/16/17. As a percentage of MRLN's recent stock price of $22.50, this dividend works out to approximately 0.62%, so look for shares of Marlin Business Services Corp to trade 0.62% lower — all else being equal — when MRLN shares open for trading on 2/2/17.
Sign up to get started or log in to see your watchlist.
Enter a symbol above to add it to your watchlist.
A confirmation email has been sent to the address provided during registration. Please click on the appropriate link to confirm your email address.