HCI Group Inc (HCI)

39.92
0.35 0.87
NYSE : Financial
Prev Close 40.27
Open 40.31
Day Low/High 39.53 / 40.61
52 Wk Low/High 24.35 / 40.98
Volume 35.51K
Avg Volume 99.60K
Exchange NYSE
Shares Outstanding 10.19M
Market Cap 400.01M
EPS 6.50
P/E Ratio 11.32
Div & Yield 1.20 (3.10%)

Latest News

HCI Group Named Top Dividend Stock With Insider Buying and 3.18% Yield (HCI)

HCI Group Named Top Dividend Stock With Insider Buying and 3.18% Yield (HCI)

In this series, we look through the most recent Dividend Channel ''DividendRank'' report, and then we cherry pick only those companies that have experienced insider buying within the past six months. The officers and directors of a company tend to have a unique insider's view of the business, and presumably the only reason an insider would choose to take their hard-earned cash and use it to buy stock in the open market, is that they expect to make money — maybe they find the stock very undervalued, or maybe they see exciting progress within the company, or maybe both.

YieldBoost HCI Group To 16.7% Using Options

YieldBoost HCI Group To 16.7% Using Options

Shareholders of HCI Group Inc looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 3.2% annualized dividend yield can sell the April 2017 covered call at the $40 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.75 bid, which annualizes to an additional 13.5% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 16.7% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $40 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but HCI shares would have to climb 7.1% from current levels for that to happen, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 11.8% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.

YieldBoost HCI Group To 16.7% Using Options

YieldBoost HCI Group To 16.7% Using Options

Shareholders of HCI Group Inc looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 3.2% annualized dividend yield can sell the April 2017 covered call at the $40 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.75 bid, which annualizes to an additional 13.5% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 16.7% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $40 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but HCI shares would have to climb 7.1% from current levels for that to happen, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 11.8% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.

Ex-Div Reminder for HCI Group (HCI)

Ex-Div Reminder for HCI Group (HCI)

Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 11/16/16, HCI Group Inc will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.30, payable on 12/16/16. As a percentage of HCI's recent stock price of $32.80, this dividend works out to approximately 0.91%, so look for shares of HCI Group Inc to trade 0.91% lower — all else being equal — when HCI shares open for trading on 11/16/16.

HCI Group Reports Third Quarter And Nine-Month 2016 Results

HCI Group Reports Third Quarter And Nine-Month 2016 Results

Updates Hurricane Matthew Loss Estimates

17 Potentially Oversold Dividend Stocks

There’s been success in buying laggards such as these in the past following institutional tax-loss selling.

HCI Group Enters Oversold Territory

HCI Group Enters Oversold Territory

The DividendRank formula at Dividend Channel ranks a coverage universe of thousands of dividend stocks, according to a proprietary formula designed to identify those stocks that combine two important characteristics — strong fundamentals and a valuation that looks inexpensive. HCI Group Inc presently has a stellar rank, in the top 10% of the coverage universe, which suggests it is among the top most "interesting" ideas that merit further research by investors.

Notable Thursday Option Activity: HCI, UIHC, HRTG

Notable Thursday Option Activity: HCI, UIHC, HRTG

Among the underlying components of the Russell 3000 index, we saw noteworthy options trading volume today in HCI Group Inc , where a total of 2,316 contracts have traded so far, representing approximately 231,600 underlying shares. That amounts to about 296.8% of HCI's average daily trading volume over the past month of 78,030 shares.

Ex-Div Reminder for HCI Group (HCI)

Ex-Div Reminder for HCI Group (HCI)

Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 8/17/16, HCI Group Inc will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.30, payable on 9/16/16. As a percentage of HCI's recent stock price of $31.46, this dividend works out to approximately 0.95%, so look for shares of HCI Group Inc to trade 0.95% lower — all else being equal — when HCI shares open for trading on 8/17/16.

Commit To Purchase HCI Group At $25, Earn 7.8% Annualized Using Options

Commit To Purchase HCI Group At $25, Earn 7.8% Annualized Using Options

Investors eyeing a purchase of HCI Group Inc shares, but tentative about paying the going market price of $30.77/share, might benefit from considering selling puts among the alternative strategies at their disposal. One interesting put contract in particular, is the January 2017 put at the $25 strike, which has a bid at the time of this writing of $1.20.

Reminder - HCI Group (HCI) Goes Ex-Dividend Soon

Reminder - HCI Group (HCI) Goes Ex-Dividend Soon

Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 5/18/16, HCI Group Inc will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.30, payable on 6/17/16. As a percentage of HCI's recent stock price of $31.70, this dividend works out to approximately 0.95%, so look for shares of HCI Group Inc to trade 0.95% lower — all else being equal — when HCI shares open for trading on 5/18/16.

Ratings Changes Today

TheStreet Quant Ratings provides fair and objective information to help you make educated investing decisions. We rate over 4,300 stocks daily and provide 5-page PDF reports for each stock. These ratings can change daily and today's changes are reflected in the email below. If you are looking to check-up on the stocks you currently own or are looking for new ideas, you can find our full database of password-protected ratings reports in our proprietary ratings screener: http://www.thestreet.com/k/qr/flat/stock-screener.html Upgrades: BBRG, BWXT, CHUY, EIGI, ELNK, EXPE, HSON, OCLR, OKS, PEGI, SNP, ST, SYRG, THC, TLLP, TSRA Downgrades: AF, CGNX, CHEF, HCI, HCLP, MTH, NYT, RUBI Initiations: ASND Read on to get TheStreet Quant Ratings' detailed report:

Relative Strength Alert For HCI Group

Relative Strength Alert For HCI Group

The DividendRank formula at Dividend Channel ranks a coverage universe of thousands of dividend stocks, according to a proprietary formula designed to identify those stocks that combine two important characteristics — strong fundamentals and a valuation that looks inexpensive. HCI Group Inc presently has a stellar rank, in the top 10% of the coverage universe, which suggests it is among the top most "interesting" ideas that merit further research by investors.