HCI Group Inc. (HCI)

40.84
0.01 0.02
NYSE : Finance
Prev Close 40.83
Open 40.60
Day Low/High 40.60 / 41.31
52 Wk Low/High 27.11 / 49.25
Volume 64.57K
Avg Volume 111.20K
Exchange NYSE
Shares Outstanding 9.46M
Market Cap 378.23M
EPS -0.80
P/E Ratio N/A
Div & Yield 1.40 (3.50%)

Latest News

Ratings Changes Today

TheStreet Quant Ratings provides fair and objective information to help you make educated investing decisions. We rate over 4,100 stocks daily and provide 5-page PDF reports for each stock. These ratings can change daily and today's changes are reflected in the email below. If you are looking to check-up on the stocks you currently own or are looking for new ideas, you can find our full database of password-protected ratings reports in our proprietary ratings screener: http://www.thestreet.com/k/qr/flat/stock-screener.html Upgrades: APEI, BLL, HCI, PRGX Downgrades: AINC, DCI, KLXI Initiations: None Read on to get TheStreet Quant Ratings' detailed report:

Ex-Div Reminder for HCI Group

Ex-Div Reminder for HCI Group

Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 2/15/18, HCI Group Inc will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.35, payable on 3/16/18. As a percentage of HCI's recent stock price of $34.36, this dividend works out to approximately 1.02%, so look for shares of HCI Group Inc to trade 1.02% lower — all else being equal — when HCI shares open for trading on 2/15/18.

HCI Group Enters Oversold Territory

HCI Group Enters Oversold Territory

The DividendRank formula at Dividend Channel ranks a coverage universe of thousands of dividend stocks, according to a proprietary formula designed to identify those stocks that combine two important characteristics — strong fundamentals and a valuation that looks inexpensive. HCI Group Inc presently has a stellar rank, in the top 10% of the coverage universe, which suggests it is among the top most "interesting" ideas that merit further research by investors.

YieldBoost HCI To 14.1% Using Options

YieldBoost HCI To 14.1% Using Options

Shareholders of HCI Group Inc looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 4.6% annualized dividend yield can sell the July 2018 covered call at the $35 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.75 bid, which annualizes to an additional 9.5% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 14.1% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $35 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but HCI shares would have to climb 14.3% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 20.1% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.

See How HCI Group Ranks Among Analysts' Top Picks With Strong Buyback Activity

See How HCI Group Ranks Among Analysts' Top Picks With Strong Buyback Activity

A study of analyst recommendations at the major brokerages shows that HCI Group Inc is the #6 broker analyst pick among those stocks screened by The Online Investor for strong stock buyback activity. To make that list, a stock must have repurchased at least 5% of its outstanding shares over the trailing twelve month period.

HCI Group About To Put More Money In Your Pocket (HCI)

HCI Group About To Put More Money In Your Pocket (HCI)

Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 11/16/17, HCI Group Inc will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.35, payable on 12/15/17. As a percentage of HCI's recent stock price of $32.38, this dividend works out to approximately 1.08%, so look for shares of HCI Group Inc to trade 1.08% lower — all else being equal — when HCI shares open for trading on 11/16/17.

HCI Group Becomes Oversold

HCI Group Becomes Oversold

The DividendRank formula at Dividend Channel ranks a coverage universe of thousands of dividend stocks, according to a proprietary formula designed to identify those stocks that combine two important characteristics — strong fundamentals and a valuation that looks inexpensive. HCI Group Inc presently has a stellar rank, in the top 10% of the coverage universe, which suggests it is among the top most "interesting" ideas that merit further research by investors.

An Ocean Shipper, a Biotech Concern and Other Stocks That Look Good Short

UTHR, ENZ, HCI, SBLK and EVI all recently were downgraded by TheStreet's Quant Ratings.

Ratings Changes Today

TheStreet Quant Ratings provides fair and objective information to help you make educated investing decisions. We rate over 4,200 stocks daily and provide 5-page PDF reports for each stock. These ratings can change daily and today's changes are reflected in the email below. If you are looking to check-up on the stocks you currently own or are looking for new ideas, you can find our full database of password-protected ratings reports in our proprietary ratings screener: http://www.thestreet.com/k/qr/flat/stock-screener.html Upgrades: DEL, TGT, TOWR Downgrades: HCI, HIIQ, NTWK, SBLK Initiations: ADMP Read on to get TheStreet Quant Ratings' detailed report:

YieldBoost HCI Group To 18.8% Using Options

YieldBoost HCI Group To 18.8% Using Options

Shareholders of HCI Group Inc looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 3.8% annualized dividend yield can sell the January 2018 covered call at the $40 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.95 bid, which annualizes to an additional 15% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 18.8% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $40 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but HCI shares would have to climb 7.2% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 12.5% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.

Hurricane Irma Could Total $40 Billion in Insurance Claims: Why That's Good News

Hurricane Irma Could Total $40 Billion in Insurance Claims: Why That's Good News

Hurricane Irma is still rolling and leaving billions of dollars in home and business damage. It'll be up to the insurance industry to pay most of the tab.

Analyst Favorites With Strong Buyback Activity: HCI Group Ranks As a Top Pick

Analyst Favorites With Strong Buyback Activity: HCI Group Ranks As a Top Pick

A study of analyst recommendations at the major brokerages shows that HCI Group Inc is the #51 broker analyst pick among those stocks screened by The Online Investor for strong stock buyback activity. To make that list, a stock must have repurchased at least 5% of its outstanding shares over the trailing twelve month period.

TheStreet Quant Rating: C (Hold)