Fred's Inc (FRED)

10.26
NASDAQ : Services
Prev Close 10.03
Day Low/High 9.94 / 10.26
52 Wk Low/High 7.88 / 16.75
Avg Volume 259.40K
Exchange NASDAQ
Shares Outstanding 37.35M
Market Cap 374.61M
EPS -0.20
P/E Ratio N/A
Div & Yield 0.24 (2.40%)

Latest News

Fred's Reports October Sales And Sets Date To Release November Sales And Third Quarter Financial Results

Fred's Reports October Sales And Sets Date To Release November Sales And Third Quarter Financial Results

Fred's Inc. (NASDAQ: FRED) today reported sales for the four-week fiscal month of October, third quarter and nine-month year-to-date period ended on October 29, 2016.

YieldBoost FRED From 2.7% To 18.3% Using Options

YieldBoost FRED From 2.7% To 18.3% Using Options

Shareholders of Fred's Inc. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 2.7% annualized dividend yield can sell the January 2017 covered call at the $10 strike and collect the premium based on the 35 cents bid, which annualizes to an additional 15.6% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 18.3% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

Fred's Reports September Sales

Fred's Reports September Sales

Fred's Inc. (NASDAQ: FRED) today reported sales for the five-week fiscal month of September and eight-month year-to-date period ended on October 1, 2016.

That's Odd: Bearish FRED Analysts See 37.06% Upside

That's Odd: Bearish FRED Analysts See 37.06% Upside

Analyst ratings can sometimes be complicated, and we here at ETF Channel have noticed a bit of a paradox with Fred's Inc. .

Bearish Bets: A Toolmaker, Some Tech Stocks and Other Names That Look Good to Short

TheStreet's Quant Ratings recently downgraded HURC, LPNT, PEGA, FRED and ULTI.

Ratings Changes Today

TheStreet Quant Ratings provides fair and objective information to help you make educated investing decisions. We rate over 4,300 stocks daily and provide 5-page PDF reports for each stock. These ratings can change daily and today's changes are reflected in the email below. If you are looking to check-up on the stocks you currently own or are looking for new ideas, you can find our full database of password-protected ratings reports in our proprietary ratings screener: http://www.thestreet.com/k/qr/flat/stock-screener.html Upgrades: BNS, GILT, HLIT, KRO, NCS, NQ, OSUR, TNGO Downgrades: CSC, FRED, ISLE, ZOES Initiations: RVEN Read on to get TheStreet Quant Ratings' detailed report:

Fred's Announces Second Quarter 2016 Results

Fred's Announces Second Quarter 2016 Results

Fred's, Inc. (NASDAQ: FRED) today reported financial results for the second quarter and six months ended July 30, 2016.

Fred's Announces Promotion Of Craig Barnes To Chief Operating Officer - Front Store

Fred's Announces Promotion Of Craig Barnes To Chief Operating Officer - Front Store

Fred's Inc. (NASDAQ: FRED) today announced that Craig Barnes, Executive Vice President of Supply Chain, Global and Domestic Logistics, has been promoted to the newly created role of Chief Operating Officer - Front Store.

Michael Bloom Named CEO As Jerry Shore Sets Retirement Date

Michael Bloom Named CEO As Jerry Shore Sets Retirement Date

Fred's Inc. (NASDAQ: FRED) today announced that Chief Executive Officer Jerry A.

Ex-Div Reminder for Fred's (FRED)

Ex-Div Reminder for Fred's (FRED)

Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 8/31/16, Fred's Inc. will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.06, payable on 9/15/16.

Fred's is Now Oversold (FRED)

Fred's is Now Oversold (FRED)

Legendary investor Warren Buffett advises to be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful. One way we can try to measure the level of fear in a given stock is through a technical analysis indicator called the Relative Strength Index, or RSI, which measures momentum on a scale of zero to 100.

Fred's Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend Of $0.06 Per Share

Fred's Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend Of $0.06 Per Share

Fred's, Inc. (NASDAQ: FRED) today announced that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.

Fred's Announces Promotion Of Timothy A. Liebmann To Chief Operating Officer - Pharmacy

Fred's Announces Promotion Of Timothy A. Liebmann To Chief Operating Officer - Pharmacy

Fred's Inc. (NASDAQ: FRED) today announced that Timothy A.

Fred's Promotes Mary Lou Gardner To Executive Vice President/Chief Merchandising And Marketing Officer

Fred's Promotes Mary Lou Gardner To Executive Vice President/Chief Merchandising And Marketing Officer

Fred's Inc. (NASDAQ: FRED) today announced that it has promoted Mary Lou Gardner to Executive Vice President/Chief Merchandising and Marketing Officer, effective immediately.

Fred's Becomes Oversold (FRED)

Fred's Becomes Oversold (FRED)

Legendary investor Warren Buffett advises to be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful. One way we can try to measure the level of fear in a given stock is through a technical analysis indicator called the Relative Strength Index, or RSI, which measures momentum on a scale of zero to 100.

Fred's Reports July Sales

Fred's Reports July Sales

Fred's Inc. (NASDAQ: FRED) today reported sales for the four-week fiscal month of July, which ended on July 30, 2016.

FRED Crosses Above Average Analyst Target

FRED Crosses Above Average Analyst Target

In recent trading, shares of Fred's Inc. have crossed above the average analyst 12-month target price of $15.50, changing hands for $15.77/share.

How To YieldBoost FRED From 1.6% To 12.3% Using Options

How To YieldBoost FRED From 1.6% To 12.3% Using Options

Shareholders of Fred's Inc. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.6% annualized dividend yield can sell the October covered call at the $17.50 strike and collect the premium based on the 45 cents bid, which annualizes to an additional 10.7% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 12.3% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

Fred's Reports June Sales

Fred's Reports June Sales

Fred's Inc. (NASDAQ: FRED) today reported sales for the five-week fiscal month of June, which ended on July 2, 2016.

Insider Trading Alert - FRED, WLFC And SRDX Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - FRED, WLFC And SRDX Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include FRED, WLFC and SRDX

Fred's Reports May Sales

Fred's Reports May Sales

Fred's Inc. (NASDAQ: FRED) today reported sales for the four-week fiscal month of May, which ended on May 28, 2016.

Insider Trading Alert - SFM, FRED And MPW Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - SFM, FRED And MPW Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include SFM, FRED and MPW

Fred's To Participate In The Stephens Spring Investment Conference

Fred's To Participate In The Stephens Spring Investment Conference

Fred's, Inc. (NASDAQ: FRED) today announced that the Company will participate in the Stephens Spring Investment Conference, which takes place in New York City on June 7-8, 2016.

Fred's Reports First Quarter 2016 Earnings Of $0.03 Per Share

Fred's Reports First Quarter 2016 Earnings Of $0.03 Per Share

Fred's, Inc. (NASDAQ: FRED) today reported financial results for the first quarter ended April 30, 2016.

Fred's Stock Sees Short Interest Move 12.6% Lower

Fred's Stock Sees Short Interest Move 12.6% Lower

The most recent short interest data has been released for the 05/13/2016 settlement date, which shows a 478,618 share decrease in total short interest for Fred's Inc. , to 3,317,235, a decrease of 12.61% since 04/29/2016.

FRED Ex-Dividend Reminder - 5/27/16

FRED Ex-Dividend Reminder - 5/27/16

Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 5/27/16, Fred's Inc. will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.06, payable on 6/15/16.