|Day Low/High||84.02 / 84.78|
|52 Wk Low/High||72.34 / 87.75|
-- Big Boy's Truck Stop in Johnston County to host electrification project
The Nasdaq closes at a record for the third session in a row as volatility holds at its lowest level in more than two decades.
The Nasdaq remain in the green, on track to close at another record, as Apple holds above its newly-secured $800 billion market cap level.
Stocks hold slightly higher on Tuesday morning as the low-volatility trading environment remains stable on Wall Street.
Stock futures move higher on Tuesday, setting the S&P 500 and Nasdaq up to notch new intraday records when markets open.
A mishap in northern Asia would be an awful catalyst even to ponder. But a less apocalyptic one would be oil.
The most recent short interest data was recently released for the 04/13/2017 settlement date, and Duke Energy Corp is the #163 most shorted of the S&P 500 components, based on 4.82 "days to cover." There are a number of ways to look at short data, but one metric that we find particularly useful is the "days to cover" because it considers both the total shares short and the average daily volume of shares typically traded. The number of shares short is then divided by the average daily volume, to express the total number of trading days it would take to close out all of the open short positions if every share traded represented a short position being closed.
- Report highlights the company's progress in delivering a smart-energy future for customers, communities
A new study by Equilar finds that women who lead the largest U.S. firms far outpace their male counterparts when it comes to total compensation.
- U.S. Rep. David Rouzer (R-N.C.) introduces resolution designating April 18, 2017, as National Lineman Appreciation Day
- Power/Forward Carolinas initiative will result in nearly 14,000 new jobs and more than $1 billion in taxes to benefit communities
- Grants connect students with apprenticeship opportunities across state's leading industries
- REC Solar built the solar array for the Duke Energy Renewables-owned system, which is now operational
This month's resilience in the market has a lot to do with short squeezes in big tech names.
- Sustainable facility combines customer contact and resource center staff
Duke says the claims could total hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Read for Success begins second year in South Carolina's Pee Dee region
- For the first time since 2011, higher fuel-related costs to increase monthly bills for the utility's customers in North Carolina
Tax reform is a hot topic in corporate earnings, coming up in hundreds of calls since the summer of 2016.