|Day Low/High||75.52 / 77.25|
|52 Wk Low/High||67.41 / 79.47|
TheStreet highlights 3 stocks pushing the utilities sector higher today.
TheStreet highlights 3 stocks pushing the utilities sector lower today.
Shareholders of Dominion Resources looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 3.5% annualized dividend yield can sell the October covered call at the $70 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.65 bid, which annualizes to an additional 6.2% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 9.7% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $70 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but D shares would have to advance 2.3% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 4.7% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.
Stocks with insider trader activity include WRE, D and XEC
Stocks with insider trader activity include EL, PAYX and D
A merger would make sense, but it would have to clear some high hurdles.
TheStreet's Jim Cramer explains how Dominion Resources (D), Duke Energy (DUK), Con Ed (ED) and American Electric Power (AEP) can climb.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified Dominion Resources (D) as a new lifetime high candidate
I have only heard fear mongering and anti-historical diatribes.
In trading on Friday, shares of Dominion Resources Inc touched a new 52-week high of $72.26/share. That's a 34.34% rise, or $18.47 per share from the 52-week low of $53.79 set back on 06/21/2013.
Companies that are inventing incredibly important drugs go down almost every day.
Dominion Resources was a leading decliner within the utilities sector, falling $0.86 (-1.2%) to $70.67 on light volume
Want to outperform in April? Utility stocks are your best bet.
The company manages its business to profit from nontraditional utility operations.
The markets are turning into Russia and China against the rest of the world, Cramer warns.
The most recent short interest data was recently released by the NASDAQ for the 02/14/2014 settlement date, and Dominion Resources Inc is the #132 most shorted of the S&P 500 components, based on 4.08 "days to cover." There are a number of ways to look at short data, but one metric that we find particularly useful is the "days to cover" because it considers both the total shares short and the average daily volume of shares typically traded. The number of shares short is then divided by the average daily volume, to express the total number of trading days it would take to close out all of the open short positions if every share traded represented a short position being closed.
North America isn't the world's only LNG source, nor the cheapest.
It's highly unlikely our nat gas might thwart Russia's iron fist.
Power plant deregulation may spur massive impairments and write-downs.
There are many ways to do so, and sticking to just one will cost you money, Cramer warns.
The U.S. lacks the infrastructure needed to ship liquefied natural gas.
The latest disruptions in Ukraine and Russia are merely another reason to push for natural gas export
Sign up to get started or log in to see your watchlist.
Enter a symbol above to add it to your watchlist.
A confirmation email has been sent to the address provided during registration. Please click on the appropriate link to confirm your email address.