|Day Low/High||0.00 / 0.00|
|52 Wk Low/High||45.01 / 70.50|
Here are a few stocks I have made solid calls on recently that have moved up.
Earnings beats are plentiful, but guidance is less than stellar.
Recent data suggest economic expansion in the third quarter.
The U.S. wants to phase out thousands of railroad tank cars that carry crude oil and ethanol within two years, and upgrade safety for trains carrying flammable fuels.
The energy boom, rising car sales and new regulations on crude-by-rail shipments can work out well for Greenbrier.
Use the growing information flow to touch up your investment mosaic.
American Railcar (ARII) shares are climbing following the resignation of Carl Icahn (IEP) from the company's board of directors.
DMB PHT ARII are going ex-dividend tomorrow, Friday, June 13, 2014, 4:00 AM ET
Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 6/13/14, American Railcar Industries Inc will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.40, payable on 7/1/14. As a percentage of ARII's recent stock price of $66.09, this dividend works out to approximately 0.61%, so look for shares of American Railcar Industries Inc to trade 0.61% lower — all else being equal — when ARII shares open for trading on 6/13/14.
Freight loadings are picking up, and the supply of cars is tight.
Shareholders of American Railcar Industries looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 2.5% annualized dividend yield can sell the September covered call at the $70 strike and collect the premium based on the $3.60 bid, which annualizes to an additional 17.2% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 19.7% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $70 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but ARII shares would have to advance 6.4% from current levels for that to happen, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 11.8% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.
American Railcar Industries (ARII) stock is falling Thursday after missing analysts' expectations in its first quarter. The results were lower primarily due to decreased revenue in its manufacturing segment on an increased amount of tank railcars shipped for the lease fleet relative to direct sale shipments.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified American Railcar Industries (ARII) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate
The jobs report, and several consumer names, will be top of mind.
And a vast amount of economic data is due in the next few days.
A move above 1868 on the S&P could support a rally yielding new bull market highs.
Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 3/19/14, American Railcar Industries Inc will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.40, payable on 3/27/14. As a percentage of ARII's recent stock price of $73.62, this dividend works out to approximately 0.54%, so look for shares of American Railcar Industries Inc to trade 0.54% lower — all else being equal — when ARII shares open for trading on 3/19/14.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified American Railcar Industries (ARII) as a new lifetime high candidate
Investors considering a purchase of American Railcar Industries Inc stock, but cautious about paying the going market price of $64.05/share, might benefit from considering selling puts among the alternative strategies at their disposal. One interesting put contract in particular, is the September put at the $50 strike, which has a bid at the time of this writing of $2.10.
Sign up to get started or log in to see your watchlist.
Enter a symbol above to add it to your watchlist.
A confirmation email has been sent to the address provided during registration. Please click on the appropriate link to confirm your email address.