n.a. (ABFS)

34.95
0.76 2.22
NASDAQ
Prev Close 34.19
Open 34.42
Day Low/High 33.68 / 34.97
52 Wk Low/High 30.14 / 47.52
Volume 356.93K
Exchange NASDAQ
P/E Ratio 21.56
Div & Yield N.A. (N.A)

Latest News

Strategy To YieldBoost Arkansas Best From 0.3% To 6.7% Using Options

Strategy To YieldBoost Arkansas Best From 0.3% To 6.7% Using Options

Shareholders of Arkansas Best Corp. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 0.3% annualized dividend yield can sell the January 2016 covered call at the $50 strike and collect the premium based on the $4.10 bid, which annualizes to an additional 6.4% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 6.7% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

Most Trucking Companies Leading Life in the Fast Lane

Most Trucking Companies Leading Life in the Fast Lane

Knight and Saia lead, JB Hunt is down for the year to date.

ABF Freight Announces Revised Rates

ABF Freight Announces Revised Rates

Arkansas Best Corporation Stock Upgraded (ABFS)

Arkansas Best Corporation Stock Upgraded (ABFS)

Arkansas Best Corporation (Nasdaq:ABFS) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from a hold to buy.

Ex-Dividend Alert: 5 Stocks Going Ex-Dividend Tomorrow: EMES, ABFS, MWV, BTU, MET

Ex-Dividend Alert: 5 Stocks Going Ex-Dividend Tomorrow: EMES, ABFS, MWV, BTU, MET

EMES ABFS MWV BTU MET are going ex-dividend tomorrow, Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2014, 5:00 AM ET

Short Interest In Arkansas Best Declines 13%

Short Interest In Arkansas Best Declines 13%

The most recent short interest data has been released by the NASDAQ for the 01/15/2014 settlement date, which shows a 293,041 share decrease in total short interest for Arkansas Best Corp. , to 1,947,844, a decrease of 13.08% since 12/31/2013.

YieldBoost Arkansas Best From 0.3% To 17.9% Using Options

YieldBoost Arkansas Best From 0.3% To 17.9% Using Options

Shareholders of Arkansas Best Corp. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 0.3% annualized dividend yield can sell the June 2014 covered call at the $38 strike and collect the premium based on the $2.95 bid, which annualizes to an additional 17.6% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 17.9% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

Insider Trading Alert - ABFS, WMB, AMTD, WEX And WERN Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - ABFS, WMB, AMTD, WEX And WERN Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include ABFS, WMB, AMTD, WEX and WERN

Insider Trading Alert - QCOM, XRX, BLK, ABFS And HMSY Traded By Insiders

Insider Trading Alert - QCOM, XRX, BLK, ABFS And HMSY Traded By Insiders

Stocks with insider trader activity include QCOM, XRX, BLK, ABFS and HMSY

Ex-Dividend Alert: 5 Stocks Going Ex-Dividend Tomorrow: VTN, AWF, ABFS, CYT, AEP

Ex-Dividend Alert: 5 Stocks Going Ex-Dividend Tomorrow: VTN, AWF, ABFS, CYT, AEP

VTN AWF ABFS CYT AEP are going ex-dividend tomorrow, Nov. 6, 2013

ABF National Master Freight Agreement Now Ratified, To Take Effect November 3

ABF National Master Freight Agreement Now Ratified, To Take Effect November 3

- New agreement to result in net savings of $55 million to $65 million on an annualized basis

Stock To Watch: Arkansas Best Corporation (ABFS) In Perilous Reversal

Stock To Watch: Arkansas Best Corporation (ABFS) In Perilous Reversal

Trade-Ideas LLC identified Arkansas Best Corporation (ABFS) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate

Unimpressive Earnings, Short-Term Deal

Unimpressive Earnings, Short-Term Deal

The trading panel discussed what a deal -- any deal -- means to the markets.

Bulls Hit the Road WithTruckers

Bulls Hit the Road WithTruckers

The trucking space was in play for the bulls on Thursday

Oversold Conditions For Arkansas Best (ABFS)

Oversold Conditions For Arkansas Best (ABFS)

Legendary investor Warren Buffett advises to be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful. One way we can try to measure the level of fear in a given stock is through a technical analysis indicator called the Relative Strength Index, or RSI, which measures momentum on a scale of zero to 100.

YieldBoost ABFS To 16%

YieldBoost ABFS To 16%

Shareholders of Arkansas Best Corp. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 0.5% annualized dividend yield can sell the March 2014 covered call at the $30 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.95 bid, which annualizes to an additional 15.6% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 16% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

Keep on Trucking at TravelCenters

Keep on Trucking at TravelCenters

More truckers are back on the road, but many trucking stocks have sell ratings with TravelCenters boasting a buy rating.

Today's Top Performers In Transportation

Today's Top Performers In Transportation

TheStreet highlights 4 stocks pushing the transportation industry higher today.

The Deal: YRC to Study Recap, Refinancing Options

The Deal: YRC to Study Recap, Refinancing Options

The debt-laden trucking giant has retained Credit Suisse after a quarterly loss riles investors.

4 Stocks Going Ex-Dividend Tomorrow: ABFS, BWP, ETR, DFS

4 Stocks Going Ex-Dividend Tomorrow: ABFS, BWP, ETR, DFS

ABFS BWP ETR DFS are going ex-dividend tomorrow, Aug. 6, 2013

Short Interest Expands By 33.2% For ABFS

Short Interest Expands By 33.2% For ABFS

The most recent short interest data has been released by the NASDAQ for the 07/15/2013 settlement date, which shows a 565,606 share increase in total short interest for Arkansas Best Corp. , to 2,268,199, an increase of 33.22% since 06/28/2013.

ABF Teamster Employees Ratify Five-Year National Labor Agreement

ABF Teamster Employees Ratify Five-Year National Labor Agreement

- Majority of contract supplements also ratified

YieldBoost Arkansas Best To 12.6%

YieldBoost Arkansas Best To 12.6%

Shareholders of Arkansas Best Corp. looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 0.7% annualized dividend yield can sell the December covered call at the $25 strike and collect the premium based on the $1.25 bid, which annualizes to an additional 11.9% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 12.6% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away.

Arkansas Best Corporation Stock Upgraded (ABFS)

Arkansas Best Corporation Stock Upgraded (ABFS)

Arkansas Best Corporation (Nasdaq:ABFS) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from a sell to hold.

Reminder - Arkansas Best (ABFS) Goes Ex-Dividend Soon

Reminder - Arkansas Best (ABFS) Goes Ex-Dividend Soon

Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 5/3/13, Arkansas Best Corp. will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.03, payable on 5/21/13.