NOTE TO EDITORS AND PRODUCERS: a media package is available here and b-roll and photos will be added later today. A French release will be made available on yvr.ca.
Program introduced to ensure travellers move through the airport with confidence
RICHMOND, BC, June 18, 2020 /CNW/ - Today, Vancouver International Airport (YVR) announced the launch of YVR TAKEcare, an operational program and health and safety campaign designed to help people move through the airport safely and with confidence. To help combat COVID-19, YVR TAKEcare places industry-leading health, safety and cleaning practices and protocols at the forefront of airport processes and includes collaboration with the airport's many partners.
"We are pleased to announce the launch of YVR TAKEcare," said Robyn McVicker, Vice President, Operations & Maintenance, Vancouver Airport Authority. "The safety and security of our passengers, employees and all airport visitors is our top priority. Through this multi-layered program, our goal is to create a safe and frictionless airport experience— from the curb to the cloud— so that passengers and employees feel confident while at the airport."
As part of the program, YVR is streamlining airport processes to ensure a seamless, touchless and physically distanced travel experience by investing in new technologies and reconfiguring airport infrastructure. YVR is expanding on existing measures as well as implementing new ones. Current TAKEcare measures include:
- Asking that face coverings be worn at all times while in the public areas of the terminal.
- Requesting that only travellers with a valid ticket and employees who work at YVR enter the terminal building, with exceptions made for those requiring extra assistance.
- Increasing cleaning across all high-touch areas.
- Providing additional hand sanitizer throughout the airport
- Installing plexiglass at counters to provide guests and employees with an additional layer of prevention.
- Placing TAKEcare team members at key locations throughout the terminal to provide assistance and answer any questions.
- Displaying clear in-terminal signage throughout the passenger journey that encourages physical distancing whenever possible.
- Facilitating temperature screening at the entrance of security screening for some travellers. This process will become standardized in the coming days for all passengers, as announced recently by Transport Canada.
YVR TAKEcare will be an essential component of the airport's recovery from COVID-19. The program will continue to evolve in the weeks ahead following any additional guidance and directives from government, health authorities and industry experts. YVR continues to work closely with its partners to inform a national and global standard, further instilling confidence among the public.
For more information, visit yvr.ca/TAKEcare.
About Vancouver Airport Authority
Vancouver Airport Authority is a community-based, not-for-profit organization that manages Vancouver International Airport (YVR). We are committed to creating an airport that British Columbia can be proud of: a premier global gateway, local economic generator and community contributor. For more information, visit www.yvr.ca.
SOURCE Vancouver Airport Authority