SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 29, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global weight loss supplements market size is expected to reach USD 116.6 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 16.6% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising cases of obesity across the globe coupled with increasing consumer awareness levels about following a healthier and fit lifestyle will drive the market. In addition, a rising number of fitness centers and gyms in several countries and increased awareness about the importance of weight loss supplements are projected to drive the market growth. Moreover, rising disposable income levels and improved accessibility & affordability of surgeries are propelling the market growth.
Key Insights & Findings:
- The global market size is anticipated to be valued at USD 116.6 billion by 2028 due to the growing cases of obesity across the globe
- Based on type, the powder segment dominated the market due to higher bioavailability and regulated dosage of powders to support weight control and physical activity
- The vitamins & minerals ingredient segment led the market due to rising awareness regarding the health benefits associated with these supplements
- In the end-user segment, the age group of 18-40 years old dominated the market due to growing health consciousness
- Offline was the largest distribution channel segment in 2020 due to the high consumer base for retail pharmacies and department stores
Read 110 page market research report, " Weight Loss Supplements Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By End User (18-40 Years, Under 18 Years), By Distribution Channel (Offline, Online), By Type (Powders, Pills), By Ingredient, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028 ", by Grand View Research
The growing number of bariatric surgeries across the globe per year is expected to positively contribute to the growth of the market. As per the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeries (ASMBS) estimates in 2017, approximately 228,000 individuals underwent a weight loss surgery in the U.S. whereas, 580,000 patients globally undergo bariatric surgeries every year. Furthermore, individuals are actively participating in fitness activities and signing up for gyms & wellness centers' memberships. The growing awareness levels about obesity-related health ailments are expected to drive product consumption. As per the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA) estimates, there has been a 27% rise in the number of health club members, from 58 million in 2010 to 73.6 million in 2019. The number of health clubs in the U.S. also increased by 5.2%, from 36,540 in 2016 to 38,447 in 2017.
The powder type segment dominated the market in 2020 with the growing need to curb obesity and prevent obesity-related health ailments. The vitamins & minerals segment dominated the market owing to the rise in health consciousness and increased number of fitness centers & gyms across various countries. The age group of 18-40 years old dominated the market due to the rising healthcare expenditure and reversal of sedentary lifestyles. Asia Pacific dominated the global market due to the growing prevalence of obesity in developing countries and rising expenses of bariatric surgeries.
Grand View Research, has segmented the global weight loss supplements market on the basis of type, ingredient, end user, distribution channel, and region:
- Weight Loss Supplements Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Weight Loss Supplements Ingredient Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Amino Acids
- Natural Extracts/Botanicals
- Weight Loss Supplements End-user Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Under 18 Years
- 18 to 40 Years
- 40 to 50 Years
- Above 50 Years
- Weight Loss Supplements Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- Offline Channel
- Online Channel
- Weight Loss Supplements Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Weight Loss Supplements Market
- Glanbia PLC
- GlaxoSmithKline PLC
- Herbalife Nutrition Ltd.
- Kellogg Company
- Kraft Heinz Company
- Amway Corp.
- Ajinomoto Co. Inc.
Check out more studies related to health supplements, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Nutritional Supplements Market - The global nutritional supplements market size was valued at USD 310.4 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2% from 2021 to 2028. The spread of the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in increasing health awareness among consumers.
- Brain Health Supplements Market - The global brain health supplements market size was valued at USD 7.21 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.0% from 2021 to 2028. The increasing interest in improving and maintaining brain health among consumers has been driving product demand over the world.
- Immune Health Supplements Market - The global immune health supplements market size was valued at USD 55.3 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.3% from 2021 to 2028. The key factors driving market growth include the increasing prevalence of infectious diseases, diabetes, and several other disorders due to lack of immunity.
Browse through Grand View Research's coverage of the Global Pharmaceuticals Industry .
Gain access to Grand View Compass , our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Contact: Sherry JamesCorporate Sales Specialist, USAGrand View Research, Inc.Phone: 1-415-349-0058Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519Email: email@example.comWeb: https://www.grandviewresearch.comFollow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.