DUBLIN, Oct. 28, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The "U.S. Water Heater Market - Industry Outlook & Forecast 2021-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The U.S. water heater market was valued at USD 3,129.54 million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 4,167.68 million by 2026 growing at a CAGR of 4.89% during the forecast period
The US water heater market is growing significantly due to the increasing demand for hot water for various chores such as laundry, cleaning, shower, cooking, and others. Various factors such as the increasing inclination of the country's population towards energy-efficient applications products and continuous innovation by various vendors to launch heaters with advanced features in the industry are likely to further add to the revenue of water heater vendors operating in the US market.
US WATER HEATER MARKET SEGMENTS
Electric water heaters held the second-highest share of 39.24% in 2020. The low cost of purchase and easy installation is driving the demand for these water heaters.
Storage water heaters held a share of 74.91% in 2020 and dominated the water heater market in the US. The high penetration of these water heaters is attributed to their low purchase and installation cost.
Midwest: Technological advancement and growing inclination towards smart appliances that restricts carbon emissions are likely to support the growth of the water heater industry in the region.Northeast: New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Massachusetts are expected to generate the highest demand for water heaters. This is due to the huge population base supported by high median disposable income. Around 80% of the population in New York City have access to smartphones, and more than 70% have access to high-speed Internet at home. These factors are likely to propel the demand for smart water heaters in the region.
The key players in the US water heater industry are O. Smith, Bradford White, and Rheem Manufacturing.The scope for product differentiation is low in the market. Quality, price, and after-sales services are decisive variables affecting the sales of water heaters in the US. Vendors can tap into the tremendous growth opportunities by targeting the rental home market.
- In 2020, the gas & oil water heaters generated the highest revenue of USD 1,305.29 million and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.08%.
- Heat pump water heaters are increasingly gaining momentum as these are highly efficient as compared to electric and conventional gas water heaters.
- Several commercial spaces such as hotels, hospitals, resorts, and restaurants have tremendously contributed to the growth of the commercial water heater market in the US.
- The residential sector holds a share of 66.35% and is leading the end-user segment due to several single-family and multi-family housing units.
- Midwest and Northeast regions are generating the highest revenue for the heater market in the United States due to the huge population in the Midwestern states and cold climate in these areas.
- In July 2021, Bradford white, water heater manufacturing company, launched tankless water heater which includes features such as integrated flush ports, digital controls, technology that helps in maintaining constant water temperature, field gas conversion, Venting and modulation, and others.
The following factors are likely to contribute to the growth of the U.S. water heater market during the forecast period:
- Growing traction for smart water heaters
- Emergence of hybrid water heaters
- Growth in the commercial Sector
- Expansion of residential sector
- Rising demand for energy efficiency
- Investment in research & development
- A.O. Smith
- Bradford White
- Rheem Manufacturing Company
Other Prominent Vendors
- Bock Water Heaters
- General Electric
- Hubbell Water Heaters
- Noritz America Corporation
- Rinnai American Corporation
- State Water Heaters
- Stiebel Eltron
- Watts Water Technologies
- Westinghouse Electric Company
Key Topics Covered: 1 Research Methodology 2 Research Objectives 3 Research Process 4 Scope & Coverage4.1 Market Definition4.2 Base Year4.3 Scope Of The Study4.4 Market Segments 5 Report Assumptions & Caveats5.1 Key Caveats5.2 Currency Conversion5.3 Market Derivation 6 Market At A Glance 7 Introduction7.1 Overview7.2 Components Of Storage Water Heater7.3 Government Regulations7.4 Industry FAQs7.4.1 How Will The Us Water Heater Market Perform In The Coming Years?7.4.2 Which Is The Fastest-Growing And Most Preferred Category Of Water Heaters In The Market?7.4.3 Which Water Heater By Product Type Has The Highest Revenue Share And Fastest Growth In The Market?7.4.4 Which End-User Segment Generates The Highest Revenue For Water Heater Vendors Operating In The Us?7.4.5 Who Are the Key Players In The Us Water Heater Market?7.5 Impact Of Covid-197.5.1 Supply Side7.5.2 Demand Side 8 Market Opportunities & Trends8.1 Growing Traction For Smart Water Heaters8.2 Emergence Of Hybrid Water Heaters8.3 Growth In Commercial Sector 9 Market Growth Enablers9.1 Expansion Of Residential Sector9.2 Rising Demand For Energy Efficiency9.3 Investment In R&D Initiatives 10 Market Restraints10.1 Impact Of Covid-19 On Steel Prices10.2 High Installation & Maintenance Costs For Commercial Water Heaters10.3 Trade Conflicts Between Us & China 11 Market Landscape11.1 Market Overview11.1.1 Key Applications11.2 Vendor Analysis11.3 Market Size & Forecast11.4 Five Forces Analysis 12 Product Type12.1 Market Snapshot & Growth Engine12.2 Market Overview12.3 Gas & Oil12.4 Electric12.5 Heat Pump12.6 Solar 13 Category13.1 Market Snapshot & Growth Engine13.2 Market Overview13.3 Storage Water Heater13.4 Instant Water Heater 14 Distribution Channel14.1 Market Snapshot & Growth Engine14.2 Market Overview14.3 Offline14.3.1 Market Overview14.3.2 Consumer Electronics Retail Stores14.3.3 Departmental Stores14.3.4 Specialty Stores14.3.5 Others14.4 Online14.4.1 Market Overview14.4.2 Direct Sales14.4.3 Third-Party Sales 15 End User15.1 Market Snapshot & Growth Engine15.2 Market Overview15.3 Residential15.4 Commercial15.4.1 Market Overview15.4.2 Healthcare15.4.3 Hospitality15.4.4 Other Commercial End Users
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3rffay
Research and Markets Laura Wood, Senior Manager email@example.com For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900 U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907 Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets