DUBLIN, July 27, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The "U.S. OTC Drugs Market - Industry Outlook & Forecast 2021-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The U.S. OTC drugs market by revenue is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.01% during the period 2021-2026. U.S. OTC DRUGS MARKET INSIGHTSWith the rise in self-medication among the US population, the demand for on-the-counter (OTC) drugs are significantly increasing. COVID-19 outbreak has considerably influenced the sales of these drugs with the increased focus on personal health. The expansion in the number of OTC medicines in the region by manufacturing companies and switching prescriptions to OTC drugs highly contributes to market growth.
The demand for on-the-counter drugs has constantly been increasing with the rise of private labels, online sales, and the number of OTC product launches in the upcoming years. Recently, the sales of OTC medicines have been growing through online platforms, thereby benefitting private retailers.
COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPELeading companies are constantly consolidating their market position through strategic and high-profile mergers and acquisitions. Governments across the US are likely to sponsor campaigns to enhance health education, increasing self-medication. The OTC drugs market in the US is highly competitive and fragmented with the presence of various players.
Many leading companies have a broad portfolio of OTC products that the major vendors acquire to strengthen their market value and emerge as the top player in the industry. Vendors are increasingly developing new and more effective products suitable for self-medication to boom in the US OTC drugs market. Key Company Profiles
- Johnson & Johnson
- Bayer AG
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
Other Prominent Vendors
- American Health
- Aytu Consumer Health
- Bausch Health Companies
- Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Herbalife Nutrition
- Perrigo Company
- Prestige Consumer Health
- Procter & Gamble
- Reckitt Benckiser Group
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries
- The Bountiful Company
U.S. OTC DRUGS MARKET: KEY HIGHLIGHTS
- In 2020, online pharmacies and hospital pharmacies segments accounted for the most significant U.S. OTC drugs market shares of 20.60% and 18.50%, respectively.
- Based on indication, the infection segment is anticipated to grow with the highest incremental growth of USD 2.78 billion during the forecast period.
- Online retail giants like Amazon, which recently launched a private label line called Basic Care, contribute to the US OTC drugs market trend.
- In the past 30 years, the FDA has converted more than 700 prescription (Rx) products to OTC status.
MARKET SHARE & SEGMENTS
- There is a wide and powerful array of OTC, supplemental, and herbal preparations to treat patients with upper and lower GI problems accelerating the market's growth in the US.
- The demand for cold and cough OTC drugs has already been high, and the dietary supplements are expected to have a higher growth rate mainly due to COVID-19.
- The increasing population and prevalence of digestive and cardiovascular problems accompanied by a sedentary lifestyle will increase demand for on-the-counter drugs.
- The online pharmacies distribution channel segment is anticipated to witness an incremental growth of USD 2.90 billion during the forecast period.
- To reinforce the competitive position, OTC companies may consider acquiring brands rather than companies.
- The advent of COVID-19 led to an increased dependence on online pharmacies for purchasing medicines fueling the demand for OTC medicines.
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED:1. What is the market size and forecast for the U.S. OTC drugs industry?2. What are the different distribution channels for the OTC drugs?3. Who are the key players in the on-the-counter drugs industry?4. Which is the leading segment in the US OTC drugs market?5. What is the impact of COVID-19 on the U.S. OTC drugs market? Key Topics Covered: 1 Research Methodology 2 Research Objectives 3 Research Process 4 Scope & Coverage4.1 Market Definition4.2 Base Year4.3 Scope of The Study 5 Report Assumptions & Caveats5.1 Key Caveats5.2 Currency Conversion5.3 Market Derivation 6 Market at A Glance 7 Introduction7.1 Overview7.1.1 Launching OTC Drugs in US7.1.2 Accessibility of OTC Drugs in US7.1.3 Affordability of OTC Drugs in US7.1.4 Optimizing OTC Drugs7.1.5 Trends in Various OTC Therapeutic Categories 8 Market Opportunities & Trends8.1 Private Labels & Online Sales of OTC Drugs8.2 Patent Expirations of Prescription Drugs8.3 OTC Product Launches & Replacement of Prescription Drugs8.4 Impact of Healthcare Reforms on OTC Drugs 9 Market Growth Enablers9.1 Growing Trend of Self Medication & Self Care9.2 OTC Drugs Treating Serious Health Conditions9.3 Switching of Prescription Drugs to OTC Drugs9.4 Growing Healthcare Savings by OTC Drugs 10 Market Restraints10.1 Abuse of OTC Drugs10.2 Risk of Side Effects by OTC Counter Drugs10.3 Growing Alternatives to OTC Drugs 11 Market Landscape11.1 Market Overview11.1.1 Product Insights11.1.2 Indication Insights11.1.3 Distribution Channel Insights11.2 Market Size & Forecast11.3 Impact of Covid-19 On the US OTC Drugs Market11.4 Five Forces Analysis 12 Product Type12.1 Market Snapshot & Growth Engine12.2 Market Overview12.3 Cold & Cough12.4 Analgesics12.5 Dietary Supplements12.6 Gastrointestinal12.7 Dermatology12.8 Ophthalmic 13 Indication13.1 Market Snapshot & Growth Engine13.2 Market Overview13.3 Infection13.4 Pain13.5 Heartburn13.6 Immune/Health Booster 14 Distribution Channel14.1 Market Snapshot & Growth Engine14.2 Market Overview14.3 Retail Pharmacies14.4 Hospital Pharmacies14.5 Online Pharmacies 15 Competitive Landscape15.1 Competition Overview15.2 Market Share Analysis15.2.1 Johnson & Johnson in OTC Drugs Market in US15.2.2 GlaxoSmithKline in OTC Drugs Market in US15.2.3 Bayer AG in OTC Drugs Market in the US15.2.4 Teva Pharmaceutical Industries in OTC Drugs Market in the US
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/3li6pw
Research and Markets Laura Wood, Senior Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900 U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904 Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/us-otc-drugs-market-report-2021-2026---private-labels--online-sales--patent-expirations--product-launches--growing-trend-of-self-medication--prescription-drugs-to-otc-drugs--healthcare-savings-301342072.html
SOURCE Research and Markets