KANSAS CITY, Mo., Jan. 28, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Sixteen public charter schools spanning 21 campuses in Kansas City will open their doors to families in a coordinated citywide open house event for National School Choice Week 2022.
- Citywide open house of public charter schools
- Celebration of National School Choice Week
- Prospective families from across the city
- Representatives of Kansas City charter schools
- 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Jan. 29
- Campuses of:
- Academie Lafayette
- Academy for Integrated Arts
- Brookside Charter School
- Citizens of the World
- Cristo Rey Kansas City High School
- Crossroads Charter Schools
- DeLaSalle Education Center
- Emmanuel Family and Child Development Center
- Ewing Marion Kauffman School
- Gordon Parks Elementary
- Guadalupe Middle School
- Hogan Preparatory Academy
- Kansas City Girls Preparatory Academy
- KC International Academy
This event is planned by SchoolAppKC in conjunction with a diverse array of Kansas City schools.
National School Choice Week shines a spotlight on effective K-12 education options for children, focusing equally on traditional public, charter, magnet, online, private, and home education options. Every January, participants plan tens of thousands of celebrations -- such as school fairs and open houses-- to raise awareness about school choice across all 50 states. School Choice Week also develops resources and guides to K-12 education for families. As a not-for-profit effort, the Week is nonpolitical and nonpartisan and does not advocate for legislation. For more information visit schoolchoiceweek.com.
SOURCE National School Choice Week