WAYNE, Pa., Jan. 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Teleflex Incorporated (TFX) - Get Report continues to deliver COMPLETE confidence with the release of the Arrow ® ErgoPack ® Complete Multi-Lumen Access Catheter (MAC) System and the Arrow ® ErgoPack ® Complete Percutaneous Sheath Introducer (PSI) System.
The release of the ErgoPack ® Complete MAC and PSI Systems follows the release of the Arrow ® ErgoPack ® Complete CVC System in October 2020.
Teleflex conducted extensive research with industry-leading vascular access professionals to select the enhancements in the new ErgoPack ® Complete MAC and PSI Systems. Clinician-inspired updates to the kit include:
- The Arrow ® GlideWheel™ Advancer, designed for tactile feedback and finer control
- Nitinol Guidewire, which is kink-resistant compared to stainless steel
- Transducer Cover to support guidelines for ultrasound use
- Pre-filled sterile saline syringes inside the kit
- Extra ChloraPrep ® Skin Prep in each kit (two total)
"We're proud to bring the clinician-focused enhancements of the ErgoPack ® Complete System to our trusted MAC and PSI vascular access portfolios," said Jake Newman, Group President, Teleflex Interventional and Vascular. "We're committed to finding new customer-inspired ways to deliver proven solutions that reduce catheter-related complications for patients and the providers that serve them."
These new additions enhance the already-considerable power of the ErgoPack ® System, which feature, at its heart, Teleflex's Arrowg+ard Blue ® MAC and PSI catheters.
High-flow Arrow ® MAC Catheters are designed to meet the needs of a variety of patient types - from trauma to cardiac - and offer full-spectrum antimicrobial protection against gram-positive, and gram-negative bacteria and fungi, the key infectious pathogens responsible for CLABSI. Arrow ® PSI Catheters are designed to provide antimicrobial protection and optimal access for hemodynamic monitoring.
The ErgoPack ® Complete System's unique combination of MAC and PSI insertion components, packaged in an ergonomic and efficient top down, left to right configuration, helps central line inserters comply with critical third party independent guidelines for reducing CLABSI, including:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Category 1A & 1B recommendations 1
- Society for Hospital Epidemiology of America (SHEA) Guidelines 2
- Infusion Nursing Society (INS) Standards of Practice 3
- Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) Bloodborne Pathogens Standard 4
The ErgoPack ® Complete MAC and PSI Systems are available in two different configurations, in a variety of catheter French sizes.
About Teleflex IncorporatedTeleflex is a global provider of medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular access, interventional cardiology and radiology, anesthesia, emergency medicine, surgical, urology and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow ®, Deknatel ®, Hudson RCI ®, LMA ®, Pilling ®, Rusch ®, UroLift ®, and Weck ® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.
Forward-Looking StatementsAny statements contained in this press release that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on our management's current beliefs and expectations, but are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and changes in circumstances, which may cause actual results or company actions to differ materially from what is expressed or implied by these statements. These risks and uncertainties are identified and described in more detail in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K.
Contraindication: The Arrowg+ard Blue ® MAC and Arrowg+ard Blue ® PSI are contraindicated for patients with known hypersensitivity to chlorhexidine and silver sulfadiazine and/or sulfa drugs.
Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Arrowg+ard Blue, Deknatel, ErgoPack, GlideWheel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rusch, UroLift, and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. © 2020 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved. MC-006901
- O'Grady NP, Alexander M, Burns LA, et al. Guidelines for the Prevention of Intravascular Catheter-Related Infections, 2011 (Revised 2017). 2. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2017.
- Marschall J, Mermel LA, Fakih M, et al. Strategies to Prevent Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections in Acute Care Hospitals: 2014 Update. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology. 2014 July; 35(7): 753-71.
- Gorski L, Hadaway L, Hagle ME, McGoldrick M, et al. Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice. Journal of Infusion Nursing. 2016; Jan 39(1S).
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration Regulations (Standards - 29 CFR). Part 1910.1030: Bloodborne pathogens. Occupational Safety & Health Administration Web site. https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1910/1910.1030. Accessed on February 12, 2020.
Source: Teleflex IncorporatedJake ElguiczeTreasurer and Vice President, Investor Relations610-948-2836