Six Flags Entertainment Corporation, the world's largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, today announced that La Ronde has received provincial clearance to reopen with rides and attractions. The park, located in Montreal, Québec, will open to the general public on May 22, 2021. The park will operate at reduced attendance levels, in accordance with Québec public health's reopening guidelines for theme parks, utilizing a reservation system and other extensive safety measures already in use at Six Flags parks throughout the system.
"With today's announcement, all of our parks will be welcoming guests this season," said Senior Vice President of Park Operations, Bonnie Weber. "The safety of our guests and team members continues to be our highest priority, and we look forward to entertaining the millions of guests who trust us to create fun and thrilling memories for all," continued Weber.
La Ronde Park President Sophie Emond added, "This is a great day for our team. We are thrilled to reopen Quebec's leading destination for thrills and family fun."
Open Six Flags Parks
The following Six Flags parks have already opened, or will be opening soon, with a full lineup of rides and attractions. Those parks include:
- Six Flags Over Texas - open year-round;
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas - open year-round;
- Hurricane Harbor Oaxtepec - opened February 27;
- Six Flags Over Georgia - opened March 6;
- Six Flags America - opened March 6;
- Frontier City - opened March 13;
- Hurricane Harbor Phoenix- opened March 13;
- Six Flags Mexico - opened March 18;
- Six Flags St. Louis - opened March 20;
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark - opened March 26;
- Six Flags Great Adventure- opened March 27;
- Six Flags Magic Mountain- opened April 1;
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom - opened April 1;
- Six Flags Great America - opened April 24;
- The Great Escape - opened May 1;
- Hurricane Harbor Arlington - opening May 1;
- Hurricane Harbor Splashtown- opened May 1;
- Six Flags White Water - opening May 8;
- Six Flags New England - opening May 14;
- Hurricane Harbor New Jersey - opening May 15;
- Hurricane Harbor OKC - opening May 15;
- Hurricane Harbor Los Angeles - opening May 15;
- Six Flags Darien Lake - opening May 15;
- Hurricane Harbor Concord - opening May 22;
- La Ronde - opening May 22;
- Hurricane Harbor Chicago- opening May 29; and
- Hurricane Harbor Rockford - opening May 29.
Park reopening dates are subject to change based on local, state, and federal guidelines related to COVID-19.
Six Flags' safety plan, developed in consultation with infectious disease experts and utilized throughout the Six Flags network of parks, provides for execution at the highest levels of hygiene and social distancing protocols. The park will adjust these procedures as needed to ensure continued compliance with state recommendations.
Park Reservations System to Control Capacity
Six Flags has established attendance caps for each park that are in accordance with current state guidelines to allow for proper social distancing. All Members, Season Pass holders and guests with a single-day or group ticket will need to make a reservation at www.sixflags.com/reserve. Guests who buy single-day tickets will be able to reserve during the purchase process.
Health and safety protocols include:
- Masks will be required to be worn by team members and all guests over the age of two;
- Contactless IR thermal imaging will be used to screen temperatures of guests and team members prior to entry;
- Advanced security screening technology will allow for touchless bag checks;
- Easy-to-identify distance markers have been added in all park entry, restroom, retail locations, and ride and dining queue lines to encourage social distancing;
- Increased sanitization and disinfecting of high touch points including all public seating, tabletops, counters, handrails, doors, and trash cans will occur frequently;
- Restroom staff will be available to disinfect each stall and sink area on a frequent basis;
- Multiple alcohol-based hand-sanitizer stations will be located throughout the park;
- Safety messaging and reminders will be communicated on Six Flags' website, newsletters, and in-park announcements; and
- Frontline team members will go through extensive COVID-19 training.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with 27 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For nearly 60 years, Six Flags has entertained hundreds of millions of guests with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling waterparks and unique attractions. Six Flags is committed to creating an inclusive environment that fully embraces the diversity of our team members and guests. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com .
About La Ronde
La Ronde is the largest theme park in Eastern Canada. Inaugurated during Expo 67, La Ronde offers over 40 rides and attractions including Goliath - one of the tallest and fastest roller coasters in North America. La Ronde also offers a colorful family section, Pays de Ribambelle. For more information, visit www.laronde.com.
Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/LaRondeSixFlagsLike us on Facebook at facebook.com/larondesixflagsFollow us on Instagram at instagram.com/larondesixflags
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210503005475/en/