MAYFIELD VILLAGE, Ohio, Oct. 29, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- For the eighth consecutive year, Progressive Insurance will continue its annual Keys to Progress vehicle donation on November 5, 2020. In advance of Veterans Day, 45 veterans in need across the country and their families will receive the keys to vehicles that will provide reliable transportation, helping them get back on the road and move forward in life.
This year, Progressive worked with Enterprise Rent-A-Car to locate certified vehicles from Enterprise's U.S. fleet of high-quality, late-model used cars, vans and SUVs that could be purchased and given away with funds provided by Progressive. The vehicles, with insurance paid for six months, will be delivered to veterans - replacing the physical giveaway events held previously due to safety precautions around COVID-19, and bringing the cumulative number of donated vehicles through the Keys to Progress veteran vehicle giveaway program to more than 750.
"We are thrilled to be able to continue this incredible vehicle giveaway program this year despite the challenges of COVID-19," said Mike Sieger, Progressive Claims group president. "This has been an exceptionally hard year for so many and we are proud to honor those who have given so much and provide the relief that reliable transportation will bring to 45 of our nation's veterans this year."
The 2020 Keys to Progress vehicle giveaway program is honoring veterans from the following cities:
- Arizona: Tonopah
- California: Modesto, Rancho Cordova, San Diego, San Pedro
- Colorado: Colorado Springs
- Florida: Gainesville, Lakeland, Miami (2), Port Richey
- Georgia: Savannah, Union City
- Kansas: Wichita
- Kentucky: Louisville
- Louisiana: Baton Rouge, Hammond
- Maryland: Federalsburg
- Michigan: Freeland
- Minnesota: Robbinsdale
- Missouri: Pevely
- Mississippi: Jackson
- Nebraska: Omaha
- New Jersey: Basking Ridge, Newark
- Nevada: Henderson
- New York: Brooklyn, Kenmore
- Ohio: Strongsville, Columbus
- Oregon: Molalla
- Pennsylvania: Pittsburgh, Philadelphia
- Rhode Island: Newport, Warwick
- South Carolina: Charleston
- Texas: Fort Worth, Houston, Killeen, San Antonio
- Utah: Salt Lake City
- Vermont: Rutland
- Washington: Tacoma
- Washington D. C.
- Wisconsin: Green Bay
Progressive's Keys to Progress® donation program is a reality thanks to the following organizations:
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car provides the first six months of insurance for each donated vehicle. Policies are written by Progressive.
- Veracity Research Co. Investigations, a veteran-owned and operated organization, helps support the recipient selection process each year.
- IAA provides a 12-month powertrain protection plan for donated vehicles.
- The Original 1-800-Charity Cars, donates resources to facilitate the vehicle donations as well as titling and registration of some vehicles for recipients.
- Pep Boys provides vehicle safety kits as well as gift cards that can be used for automotive services at any Pep Boys location.
- DDI Technology donates their time and resources to handle vehicle title and registration needs.
- Local charities help to identify veteran recipients in each region.
Interested in applying to be a future recipient? Veterans need to be sponsored by a veteran-friendly, non-profit organization to submit their request. If unfamiliar with an organization, veterans can visit VA.gov to find a local veteran office, or contact their local VFW post. Applications are reviewed starting in May of each program year. For more information on the Keys to Progress veteran vehicle giveaway program, visit KeysToProgress.com or #KeysToProgress.
About Progressive The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies makes it easy to understand, buy and use auto insurance. Progressive offers choices so consumers can reach us whenever, wherever and however it's most convenient - online at progressive.com, by phone at 1-800-PROGRESSIVE, on a mobile device or in-person with a local agent.
Progressive provides insurance for personal and commercial autos and trucks, motorcycles, boats, recreational vehicles, and homes; it is the third largest auto insurer in the country, a leading seller of motorcycle and commercial auto insurance, and one of the top 15 homeowners insurance carriers.
Founded in 1937, Progressive continues its long history of offering shopping tools and services that save customers time and money, like Name Your Price®, Snapshot®, and HomeQuote Explorer®.
The Common Shares of The Progressive Corporation, the Mayfield Village, Ohio-based holding company, trade publicly at NYSE: PGR.
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/progressives-eighth-annual-keys-to-progress-giveaway-marks-750-vehicles-donated-to-military-families-since-2013-301162386.html
SOURCE Progressive Insurance