SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The global pressure relief mattress market size is expected to reach USD 2.45 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2021 to 2028. The global market is predominantly driven by the increasing orthopedic diseases, increasing prevalence of obesity among children, growing geriatric population, and increasing awareness regarding the prevention of pressure injuries. According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, in 2017-2018, the prevalence of childhood obesity was recorded over 19% in the U.S.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- By type, the solid-filled mattress segment accounted for the second-largest revenue share in 2020. The solid-filled mattress includes foam mattress, memory foam mattress, fiber mattress, and more. These mattresses are gaining high momentum owing to their affordable prices and ready availability
- Based on the distribution channel, the indirect sales segment is expected to register the fastest CAGR over the forecast period in terms of revenue. The growth can be attributed to the increasing online buying trend among consumers and ease of availability through third-party distributors
- Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 7.0% from 2021 to 2028 in terms of revenue on account of the large geriatric population in Japan and other countries, substantial investment in the healthcare sector, and increasing consumer awareness regarding pressure injuries
- Increasing healthcare expenditure and government support for the development of the healthcare sector, majorly in Saudi Arabia, UAE, and other Middle Eastern countries, are expected to have a significant impact on the market growth during the forecast period
Read 80 page market research report, " Pressure Relief Mattress Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Solid-filled Mattress, Air-filled Mattress, Fluid-filled Mattress), By Distribution Channel (Direct Sales, Indirect Sales), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028 ", by Grand View Research
A pressure relief mattress has materials such as foam, air, gel, or water inside it to distribute the pressure or load of an individual. These mattresses provide comfort and play a vital role in the treatment and prevention of pressure injuries. The increasing prevalence of ulcer and orthopedic diseases across the globe has a significant impact on the market. The U.S. spends approximately USD 26.8 billion every year on the treatment of pressure ulcers, according to the CEO of Bruin Biometrics LLC (a medical technology company). Pressure relief mattresses are a significant source in the prevention of pressure-related injuries.
The market for pressure relief mattresses observed positive growth in 2020. The growth can be attributed to the hospitalization of a large number of people around the world. The demand was observed to be high in both hospital and consumer applications. Home isolation and treatment of COVID-19 patients at home created a significant demand for these mattresses. The demand for pressure relief mattresses is high among the geriatric population and this population was majorly affected by COVID-19 due to their weak immune system.
Grand View Research has segmented the global pressure relief mattress market on the basis of type, distribution channel, and region:
- Pressure Relief Mattress Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
- Solid-filled Mattress
- Air-filled Mattress
- Fluid-filled Mattress
- Pressure Relief Mattress Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
- Direct Sales
- Indirect Sales
- Pressure Relief Mattress Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
List of Key Players of Pressure Relief Mattress Market
- Hill-Rom Holdings, Inc.
- Invacare Corporation
- Paramount Bed Co. Ltd.
- ADL GmbH
- Span America
- Lifeline Corporation
- Talley Group Ltd.
- Apex Medical Corp.
- Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare
- Malvestio Spa
- Carilex Medical
- Rober Limited
- Benmor Medical
- Lloyds Pharmacy Limited
Check out more studies from Grand View Research's market report portfolio on the Global Homecare & Décor Industry :
- Commercial Cleaning Products Market - The global commercial cleaning products market size was valued at USD 17.3 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.7% from 2021 to 2028. The increasing focus on maintaining clean and hygienic environment in commercial places plays a key role in driving the global demand.
- Retail Coolers Market - The global retail coolers market size was valued at USD 1.30 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate CAGR of 7.2% from 2021 to 2028. The growing popularity of outdoor recreational activities such as off-roading and hiking among travelers is a leading factor driving the market.
- Faucet Market - The global faucet market size was valued at USD 18.3 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8% from 2021 to 2028. Rapid growth of the bathroom fittings industry is presenting lucrative opportunities for faucets as a result of the rising demand for modernized bathrooms and kitchens.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Contact: Sherry JamesCorporate Sales Specialist, USAGrand View Research, Inc.Phone: 1-415-349-0058Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519Email: email@example.com Web: https://www.grandviewresearch.com Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.