Oscar Health, Inc. ("Oscar") (OSCR) - Get Oscar Health, Inc. Class A Report, the first health insurance company built on a full stack technology platform, announced today that, effective immediately, Temple Health will be in-network for its members, further expanding Oscar's footprint in the Philadelphia-area.
Temple Health, one of the area's leading health systems, is comprised of Temple University Hospital (TUH)-Main Campus, TUH-Jeanes Campus, TUH-Northeastern Campus, TUH-Episcopal Campus, Fox Chase Cancer Center, and over 1,300 Temple and Fox Chase providers located at offices across the region -- all of which will be available to Oscar members. These offerings, coupled with Oscar's consumer-centric, tech-driven approach to health insurance, will provide residents with access to innovative, high-quality healthcare. Individuals residing in Oscar's service areas in Pennsylvania may be eligible for this coverage.
"We're very excited to add Temple Health to our network and to continue offering outstanding care to our members in Philadelphia," said Monica Chopra, Vice President of the Northeast Region at Oscar. "Providing high-quality healthcare is a necessity, and Temple Health, like Oscar, is committed to providing care that meets the individual needs of members while keeping them healthy."
Temple Health is the latest addition to Oscar's Philadelphia-area network. Existing partners include: Penn Medicine, Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic (St. Mary Medical Center, Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, and Nazareth Hospital), and Grand View Health.
These health plans will be sold on Pennie and include:
- Healthcare coverage designed around each members' needs.
- Care that's close to home. Access to Temple Health's extensive network of providers will be available to Pennsylvania members.
- Personalized Care Teams. Members will experience Oscar's personalized approach to health insurance. They will be assigned a dedicated team of Care Guides and clinicians who learn about their personal medical history and who can help them navigate their health plan benefits. This team can also help schedule appointments with in-network providers and help foster collaboration with those providers to deliver a seamless member experience driving total cost of care savings.
- Convenience and savings. Oscar members have 24/7 access to Oscar Virtual Urgent Care providers at $0, and $3 Tier 1 prescriptions.
- New Innovative Plans. Oscar's offering a Bronze plan with $0 PCP visits "Bronze Classic- $0 PCP" and other plan options with pre-deductible copays for PCPs, Specialists, generic prescriptions and Urgent Care.
- Easy-to-access specialist, pharmacy, and wellness benefits designed to deliver savings.
- Affordable coverage of Temple Health's comprehensive healthcare services across all major specialties.
- Pharmaceutical benefits include a $3 Prescriptions drug formulary, which includes 100 of the most commonly-prescribed medications for $3 or less.
- Convenient tools and perks like the Oscar App, Oscar Step Tracking, and more.
Oscar looks forward to working with Temple Health to provide Pennsylvania residents greater access to high-quality healthcare at a more affordable cost now and beyond.
About Oscar HealthOscar Health, Inc. ("Oscar") is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a relentless focus on serving its members. At Oscar, our mission is to make a healthier life accessible and affordable for all. Headquartered in New York City, Oscar has been challenging the healthcare system's status quo since our founding in 2012. The company's member-first philosophy and innovative approach to care has earned us the trust of approximately 594,000 members as of September 30, 2021. We offer Individual & Family, Small Group and Medicare Advantage plans, and +Oscar, our full stack technology platform to others within the provider and payor space. Our vision is to refactor healthcare to make good care cost less. Refactor is a term used in software engineering that means to improve the design, structure, and implementation of the software, while preserving its functionality. At Oscar, we take this definition a step further. We improve our members' experience by building trust through deep engagement, personalized guidance, and rapid iteration.
1 $0 PCP visits vary by plan type and may not be available for all plans. 2 Only applies to Oscar's Virtual Urgent Care services. Offerings are not available in US territories or internationally. If you have an HSA-compatible high-deductible health plan or a Secure plan, you won't be eligible for $0 visits until you meet your deductible. Prescriptions, visits and services may be limited per provider discretion. 3 Only applies to Oscar's Virtual Urgent Care services. Offerings are not available in US territories or internationally. If you have an HSA-compatible high-deductible health plan or a Secure plan, you won't be eligible for $0 visits until you meet your deductible. Prescriptions, visits and services may be limited per provider discretion. 4 Available on most plans. Certain exclusions apply.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211208005058/en/