DUBLIN, July 29, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The "miRNA Sequencing And Assay Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Product & Service, by Technology, by Workflow, by Application (Cancer, Autoimmune Disease, Schizophrenia), by End-use, by Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global miRNA sequencing and assay market size is expected to reach USD 597.8 million by 2028.
The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 13.0% from 2021 to 2028. Prominent players, such as Illumina, PerkinElmer, Qiagen, and others offer advanced miRNA sequencing products for multiple clinical applications. Moreover, these companies have collaborated with research institutes to expand the application of miRNA sequencing and assay in research studies.The market holds a significant growth potential owing to the increasing application of miRNA sequencing and assay in the healthcare industry. For instance, several research studies demonstrate that miRNAs can be used as efficient biomarkers in the diagnosis and prognosis of cancer (breast, ovarian, cervical, and others), cardiovascular diseases, sepsis, and nervous system disorders. Therefore, miRNA sequence analysis is increasingly employed to analyze gene regulation in clinical disorders.As plasma from COVID-19 recovered patients is rich in antiviral miRNAs and antibodies, it has been employed to treat SARS-CoV-2 infected patients. This has led to an increase in research studies that focus on the sequence analysis of miRNAs (microRNA) from the patient as well as the virus. miRNA Sequencing And Assay Market Report Highlights
- The product segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020. The commercial presence of multiple players that offer extensive kits, consumables, and instruments for specialized applications contribute to segment growth
- Small and mid-sized research entities face financial limitations to install sequencing equipment owing to their high cost. Therefore, these organizations approach service providers. This is expected to drive the services segment with the fastest CAGR over the forecast period
- Sequencing by synthesis holds a major share of the technology segment owing to its high sensitivity, fast turnaround time, and high throughput
- Additionally, this technology is playing important role in the detection of mutations in tumor tissue which helps to develop targeted and personalized therapies
- The sequencing workflow segment held the largest revenue share in 2020 and is expected to witness the fastest CAGR during the forecast period as it is the most important and crucial step of the workflow
- The cancer application segment generated the largest revenue share in 2020 owing to ongoing extensive research in cancer using miRNA as a biomarker to study diagnosis and prognosis of cancer and to develop novel therapies
- Furthermore, an increase in the number of cancer patients globally drives segment growth
- Research and academic institutions are one of the major revenue generators of the market as miRNA sequencing and assay techniques and associated products are being widely used in various research studies conducted by research and academic institutes
- In Asia Pacific, the market is anticipated to register a lucrative growth rate throughout the forecast owing to the presence of a huge target population, growing establishment of healthcare, and high unmet clinical needs
Key Topics Covered: Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope Chapter 2 Executive Summary Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope3.1 Industry Pyramid Analysis3.1.1 Parent & ANCILLARY Market Analysis3.2 Market Segmentation & Scope3.3 Market Dynamics3.3.1 Market driver analysis188.8.131.52 Advantages of miRNA Sequencing184.108.40.206 MiRNAs as critical regulators of health and disease220.127.116.11 Rise in prevalence of cancer and autoimmune disorders18.104.22.168 Rise in adoption of RNA sequencing protocols in biotechnology research3.3.2 Market restraint analysis22.214.171.124 Limitations associated with Bioinformatic Analysis of MicroRNA Sequencing Data3.3.3 Market opportunity analysis126.96.36.199 Efforts taken to optimize miRNA-seq data processing3.3.4 Market challenge analysis188.8.131.52 Challenges associated with the validation and prediction of miRNA targetome3.4 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping for Technology, 20203.5 COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Market3.6 BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT ANALYSIS3.6.1 MiRNA sequencing and assay Market - SWOT Analysis, by Factor (Political & Legal, Economic, and Technological)3.6.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis3.7 Major Deals & Strategic Alliances Analysis3.7.1 Product developments3.7.2 Merger & acquisition3.7.3 Agreement3.7.4 Collaboration & partnership Chapter 4 Product & Service Business Analysis4.1 miRNA sequencing and assay market: Product & Services Movement Analysis, 2020 & 20284.2 Products4.2.1 MiRNA Sequencing and Assay Products Market, 2017 - 2028 (USD Million)4.2.2 Library Preparation Kits4.2.3 Sequencing Consumables4.2.4 Instruments4.3 Services Chapter 5 Technology Business Analysis5.1 miRNA sequencing and assay market: Technology Movement Analysis, 2020 & 20285.2 Sequencing by Synthesis5.3 Sequencing by Oligonucleotide Ligation and Detection (SOLiD)5.4 Nanopore Sequencing5.5 Sanger Sequencing5.6 Single Molecule Real-time (SMRT) Sequencing Chapter 6 Workflow Business Analysis6.1 miRNA Sequencing and Assay Market: Workflow Movement Analysis, 2020 & 20286.2 Library Preparation6.3 Sequencing6.4 Data Analysis & Storage Chapter 7 Application Business Analysis7.1 miRNA Sequencing and Assay Market: Applications Movement Analysis, 2020 & 20287.2 Cancer7.3 Polyglutamine Diseases7.4 Autoimmune Disease7.5 Schizophrenia Chapter 8 End-use Business Analysis8.1 miRNA Sequencing and Assay Market: End-use Movement Analysis, 2020 & 20288.2 Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Industry8.3 Research and Academic Institutes8.4 Contract Research Organizations Chapter 9 Regional Business Analysis9.1 MiRNA Sequencing & Assay Market Share By Region, 2020 & 2028 Chapter 10 Competitive Landscape
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Illumina, Inc.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Abcam plc
- New England Biolabs
- Takara Bio Inc.
- Lexogen GmbH
- Norgen Biotek Corp.
- Maravai LifeSciences
- HTG Molecular Diagnostics, Inc.
- Meridian Bioscience, Inc.
- System Biosciences, LLC.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/2f35ao
Research and Markets Laura Wood, Senior Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900 U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904 Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mirna-sequencing-and-assay-market-report-2021-global-market-is-expected-to-reach-597-8-million-by-2028---prominent-players-include-as-illumina-perkinelmer--qiagen-301344481.html
SOURCE Research and Markets