IRVINE, Calif., July 28, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- As gas prices continue to climb in 2021, the electrified vehicle segment - defined as the combined total of electric vehicles, hybrids and plug-in hybrids - is rapidly gaining popularity among the car-buying public. Hot on the heels of a record Q2 2021 for electrified vehicle sales among new-car buyers in the United States, shoppers on more of a budget may be looking for guidance on the best hybrids or electric vehicles (EVs) available in the used-car market. To help car shoppers considering an affordable used hybrid or electric vehicle, the experts at Kelley Blue Book recently published the 10 Best Used Hybrids and EVs Under $20,000 and the 10 Best Used Hybrids and EVs Under $15,000.
One of the most underrated deals is to buy a used hybrid, plug-in hybrid, or all-electric vehicle.
"One of the most underrated deals is to buy a used hybrid, plug-in hybrid, or all-electric vehicle," said Matt DeLorenzo, senior managing editor for Kelley Blue Book. "Alternative-power vehicles have been on the market for 20 years now, so these models are well-established and have proven reliability. There also are plenty of choices out there - an attractive option to consider, since currently there is a major shortage on new-car inventory across the board. Buyers of a used electrified vehicle certainly will save money at the pump, and some can even skip the gas station entirely."
Below are 10 standout hybrids and EVs available for less than $20,000, followed by a list of 10 recommended models available for less than $15,000, so used-car shoppers can find a reliable fuel sipper - or fuel skipper - within their budget. All prices are based on Kelley Blue Book Fair Purchase Price.
Kelley Blue Book's 10 Best Used Hybrids and EVs Under $20,000 for 2021
1. 2017 Toyota PriusFuel Economy: 52 mpg combined (54 city/50 highway)Total Range: 588 miles
2. 2017 Toyota Camry HybridFuel Economy (LE): 40 mpg combined (42 city/38 highway) Total Range: 680 miles
3. 2016 Toyota RAV4 HybridFuel Economy: 32 mpg combined (34 city/30 highway)Total Range: 474 miles
4. 2013 Toyota Highlander HybridFuel Economy: 28 mpg combined (28 city/28 highway)Total Range: 482 miles
5. 2015 Honda Accord HybridFuel Economy: 47 mpg combined (49 city/45 highway)Total Range: 602 miles
6. 2015 Lexus ES 300hFuel Economy: 40 mpg combined (40 city/39 highway)Total Range: 688 miles
7. 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EVFuel Economy: 119 MPGe combinedTotal Range: 238 miles
8. 2018 Nissan LeafFuel Economy: 112 MPGe combinedTotal Range: 151 miles
9. 2017 Chevrolet VoltFuel Economy - first 53 miles: 106 MPGe combinedFuel Economy - next 367 miles: 42 mpg combinedTotal Range: 420 miles
10. 2019 Kia Niro HybridFuel Economy: 49 mpg combined (51 city/46 highway)Total Range: 583 miles
Kelley Blue Book's 10 Best Used Hybrids and EVs Under $15,000 for 2021
1. 2015 Toyota PriusFuel Economy: 48 mpg combined (50 city/46 highway)Total Range: 571 miles
2. 2014 Toyota Camry HybridFuel Economy: 40 mpg combined (42 city/38 highway)Total Range: 680 miles
3. 2015 Honda Civic HybridFuel Economy: 44 mpg combined (43 city/45 highway)Total Range: 581 miles
4. 2015 Chevrolet VoltFuel Economy - first 38 miles: 98 MPGe combinedFuel Economy - next 342 miles: 37 mpg combinedTotal Range: 380 miles
5. 2017 Nissan LeafFuel Economy: 112 MPGe combined (124 city/101 highway)Total Range: 107 miles
6. 2014 Kia Optima HybridFuel Economy: 37 mpg combined (35 city/38 highway)Total Range: 636 miles
7. 2015 Hyundai Sonata HybridFuel Economy: 37 mpg combined (35 city/38 highway)Total Range: 684 miles
8. 2017 Toyota Prius CFuel Economy: 46 mpg combined (48 city/43 highway)Total Range: 437 miles
9. 2015 Ford FusionFuel Economy: 41 mpg combined (43 city/39 highway)Total Range: 554 miles
10. 2016 Volkswagen Jetta HybridFuel Economy: 44 mpg combined (42 city/48 highway)Total Range: 524 miles
To learn more about electric vehicle essentials, visit Kelley Blue Book's Electric Cars 101: What You Need to Know About EVs.
For more information about Kelley Blue Book's 10 Best Hybrids and EVs Under $20,000 for 2021, including detailed editorial commentary about each vehicle, photos, pricing details and more, visit https://www.kbb.com/best-cars/top-10-best-used-hybrid-and-electric-cars-under-20000/.
For more information about Kelley Blue Book's 10 Best Hybrids and EVs Under $15,000 for 2021, including detailed editorial commentary about each vehicle, photos, pricing details and more, visit https://www.kbb.com/best-cars/best-used-hybrid-and-electric-cars-under-15000/.
For more information and news from Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com, visit www.kbb.com/media/, follow us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/kelley-blue-book/, Twitter at www.twitter.com/kelleybluebook (or @kelleybluebook), like our page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kbb and follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/kbb_com/ (or @kbb_com).
About Kelley Blue Book ( www.kbb.com ) Founded in 1926, Kelley Blue Book, The Trusted Resource ® , is the vehicle valuation and information source trusted and relied upon by both consumers and the automotive industry. Each week the company provides market-reflective values on its top-rated website KBB.com, including its famous Blue Book ® Trade-In Values and Kelley Blue Book ® Price Advisor tool, which provides a range for what consumers can reasonably expect to pay for a vehicle in their area. Car owners looking to sell immediately can also get a redeemable, transaction-ready offer with Kelley Blue Book SM Instant Cash Offer. The company also provides vehicle pricing and values through various products and services available to car dealers, auto manufacturers, finance and insurance companies, and governmental agencies. Kelley Blue Book is a Cox Automotive brand.
About Cox AutomotiveCox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling, owning and using vehicles easier for everyone. The global company's more than 27,000 team members and family of brands, including Autotrader ®, Dealer.com ®, Dealertrack ®, Dickinson Fleet Services, Kelley Blue Book ®, Manheim ®, NextGear Capital ®, VinSolutions ®, vAuto ® and Xtime ®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, 40,000 auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with annual revenues of nearly $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
View original content to download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kelley-blue-book-names-best-affordable-used-hybrids-electric-vehicles-for-2021-301342868.html
SOURCE Kelley Blue Book