DUBLIN, May 21, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Market Spotlight: Fibromyalgia (2020)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This report covers the Fibromyalgia market, comprising key marketed and pipeline drugs, clinical trials, recent events and analyst opinion, upcoming events, probability of success, patent information, and prevalence data, as well as presenting drug-specific revenue forecasts. Key Takeaways
- The approved drugs in the fibromyalgia space target dopamine reuptake, norepinephrine (noradrenaline) reuptake/transporter, serotonin reuptake, and voltage-gated calcium channels. All of the marketed drugs for fibromyalgia are administered via the oral route.
- The majority of industry-sponsored drugs in active clinical development for fibromyalgia are in Phase II, with two drugs in Phase III.
- Therapies in development for fibromyalgia focus on a wide variety of targets. These drugs are most commonly administered via the oral route.
- The only high-impact upcoming event in the fibromyalgia space is topline Phase IIa trial results for ASP0819. The overall likelihood of approval of a Phase I pain asset is 7.2%, and the average probability a drug advances from Phase III is 58.6%. Drugs, on average, take 9.3 years from Phase I to approval, compared to 9.8 years in the overall neurology space.
- The distribution of clinical trials across Phase I-IV indicates that the majority of trials for fibromyalgia have been in the late phases of development, with 68% of trials in Phase III-IV, and 32% in Phase I-II.
- The US has a substantial lead in the number of fibromyalgia clinical trials globally. Germany, Spain, and the UK lead the major EU markets, while India has the top spot in Asia.
- Clinical trial activity in the fibromyalgia space is dominated by completed trials. Pfizer has the highest number of completed clinical trials for fibromyalgia, with 23 trials.
- Pfizer leads industry sponsors with the highest overall number of clinical trials for fibromyalgia, followed by Allergan.
Key Topics Covered:
OVERVIEW KEY TAKEAWAYS DISEASE BACKGROUND
- Disease Definition
- Patient Subtypes
- Risk Factors
- Pharmacologic Therapies
- Fibromyalgia Prevalence
MARKETED DRUGS PIPELINE DRUGS RECENT EVENTS AND ANALYST OPINION
- Multiple Drugs for Fibromyalgia ( June 25, 2019)
- NYX-2925 for Fibromyalgia ( June 10, 2019)
- NYX-2925 for Fibromyalgia ( December 3, 2018)
KEY UPCOMING EVENTS PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS LICENSING AND ASSET ACQUISITION DEALS
- Axsome Gets Reboxetine Rights In Narcolepsy From Pfizer
PARENT PATENTS REVENUE OPPORTUNITY CLINICAL TRIAL LANDSCAPE
- Sponsors By Status
- Sponsors By Phase
- Prescription Information
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ileohm
About ResearchAndMarkets.comResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets Laura Wood, Senior Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900 U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907 Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets